Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Naming Standards (User Defined)

Revit Naming Standards (User Defined)

I'd like to see the facility to be able to define naming standards within Revit.  This would apply to any element that your organization wishes to control the naming/syntax of, such as views, families, text styles, dimension styles etc.  The following functionality would be advantageous... 

• It needs to be selective, in some instances, you might not want to use naming standards at all, in others you might want everything in the project to be defined.
  • Ability to define fields and separators that will make up the name.
  • Ability to make fields either mandatory or optional.
  • Ability to include dropdown lists with set values and restrict inputs to these.
  • Ability to review imported content such as families and allow renaming on import to meet standards (if applied to families)
  • Ability to add default values for fields that are not required or are optional.

Please note, I'm not looking for a renaming tool, I can to that already to some extent using dynamo.  this is for new content, views, system families, text and dimensions styles, line types etc to stop users being lazy and creating meaningless content such as 'Level 01 copy 1 copy 1 copy 2' or worse... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report