Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Fabrication Project Information in Reports

Revit Fabrication Project Information in Reports

We recently had a request for Revit Project Information to be available in Fabrication Reports. 

4.JPG

10 Comments
L-Vettz
Collaborator

+1

Without this or the access to the project information parameters that are used by default in reports we cant actually fill out our report headers without using 3rd party software. This would be very helpful. Even if we can't access the revit project information, giving us the ability to write to the fabrication database project information would be acceptable.

jsroufe
Community Visitor

Autodesk needs to add the ability to add Revit parameters to the Fabrication MEP reports. We cannot fill out any job information in Revit for the reports. This makes the reports useless to us in Revit. We will need to MAJ out and run the reports in CAD. This is hugely disappointing. Do we really need to go through years of asking for functionality in Autodesk products that cant even do what the last software could?  Do you guys consult any end users before throwing this stuff together?  There seems to be no testing involved at the functionality level. 

L-Vettz
Collaborator

To a degree I understand why this isn't built in. Revit is built first for architects, then for engineers, and fabricators get what's left. Fabrication CAD was built first and foremost for fabricators. At its core we are not the "target audience" for this software. I think we are lucky to get the fabrication part tools we have now in Revit. There is nothing forcing contractors into abandoning Fabrication CAD. It is still getting a new release every year. What I'm trying to get at is as far as consulting end users is concerned there is not very many of us fabrications using Revit relative to the monopoly of architects and engineers in North America that do. Features for us are just not as important, so the best we can do is keep politely  asking for these features as our user base grows. Until then, just batch stamp the project info onto all your reports with bluebeam or some other editor. I think exporting to CAD to run a report might be a little extreme.

johnpulley6729
Observer

We have the Fabrication Extension which will let you print reports but there is not a dialog box to enter the Job Information that populates in to the Header of our Shop Ticket. This Is very Important as this Information resides with every ticket that we print out.

jstansfieldA355H
Explorer

This is an important feature that is needed for Fabrication reports.

NURIATIRED
Participant

I have the same problem as John. Any solutions?🤔

j_feeke
Enthusiast

We are very disappointed that (what looks to be) a simple request for access to the missing project and custom parameters from fabrication still are not implemented. It is what is slowing us down massively to move 100% Revit for years now.

cam-nav
Advocate

This was asked for over 4 years ago, I know for us we are the most expensive people in the building. We need the ability to write to the 'job info' fields. We can even use C# to get the info automatically but Fabrication needs to funnel the info to the reports.

j_feeke
Enthusiast

Time goes by and one of the most easy things to fix is still not there. How much time would it take a Autodeks programmer to do it? Probably a day max. Instead you are concentrating om the very complex stuff. 

Not only in this product, but also in f.i. construction cloud. Start with the low-hanging fruit! It will give us users a lot more to advocate your software.

sujandWWDPQ
Explorer

For Revit Fabrication, the standard issue is not showing any project information in the report's header. Thus it takes a lot of work to identify the reports or need to paste some project information manually in PDF for reference. 

I think it's essential to reflect the project information above any reports. Please take a look so that we can see the project information (Job custom data) in the Fabrication report using .IRP.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

sujandWWDPQ_1-1689761212012.png

sujandWWDPQ_2-1689761233739.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report