Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Exporter to Json

Revit Exporter to Json

Taking into account the increasing use of the Json format for the visualization of 3D models in the cloud, it would be great to have an exporter included in Revit.

7 Comments
harmenverburg
Enthusiast

I think this is relatively easy to implement via the Revit API. Also take a look on the already posted blogs of Jeremy Tammik on this: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a00e553e16897883300e553fcc7418834/search?filter....

novesvalentin
Advocate

harmenverbug,

As a matter of fact that is the way I do it, but it would be great to have this as an standard with revit and not like an addin, so people can get use to work with these type of formats that are being use more and more every year.

dgorsman
Consultant

Add-ins are easier to "break out" for updating and debugging; for example it's easier to update an add-in for earlier releases.  When a feature is built-in or embedded into the core program, that means all sorts of version and update controls get involved to avoid conflicts with other work.  As well as getting bumped off the development schedule by other priorities.

strapdoorLJTLS
Explorer

Does the JSON Exporter transfer all the parameter data from the revit model? 

jamesbev2
Observer

Does the JSON exporter contain the parts parameter data? Or is graphical data only?

esk0r
Advocate

I literally just searched online for "revit to json" and I find you here 🙂 
You got my vote!

Saludos!

valentin.noves
Explorer

@esk0r long time no see! Trying to get Autodesk to add a Json export would be awesome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report