Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit: Door Tags

Revit: Door Tags

Would like door tags to be able to read a room number.

19 Comments
Stefan_Wolf_WST
Contributor

would be great having an anchor like in AutoCAD Architectrer to chose the room... The door not allways belongs to the room where the door leaf is opening to!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been asking for this for years too. All it would take would be for the current ToRoom parameter which is available in schedules to also be available in tags.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there are Revit addins that do this. I could have sworn I saw something online that automated that...Can't remember what the name was.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few add-ins that kind of enable you to do this but they require you to run or re-run the application each time a room number has been modified to update it rather than it happening live as most of the tagging and scheduling functionality works within Revit. This still leaves it open to human error of someone forgetting to re-run the application to update room numbers in door tags.

I will continue to hope that this will be available in the not too distant future.

omar.ashraf
Advocate

Indeed there is, and not an add-in

it's available inside the revit door schedule.

Doors from room to room.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, As I mentioned in my previous comment, the ToRoom parameter IS available in schedules but we also need it available in tags.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When placing a door in a room, it would be helpful if it automatically assigns it the same number as the room it was placed in. If this is not possible, could it be done through a plug in? 

Tags (1)

There are several examples of doing this with Dynamo, but should be built in:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/door-tag-with-quot-from-room-quot-parameter/...

nickYM4B9
Enthusiast

Yes, I would say this should be native functionality for Revit. 

It would be great if it gave options for placing multiple doors in the same room somewhere in the project settings (IE, 101.1, 101.2 or 101A, 101B, etc).  Also would probably need an option for numbering the door for the room it's going into, or the room it's exiting from to give us complete control over the how the automatic numbering functions.

The trick is what happens when adding or deleting a door - are they renumbered or added in sequence?

nickYM4B9
Enthusiast

Automatic Renumbering of doors when one's deleted or added seems like it would cause chaos if not handled correctly in Revit's numbering rules.  That said, I absolutely love the idea of never having to go back through a project and renumber doors again.

Renumbering them once other data was attached, such as Hardware codes,
would be risky.
jelomb
Enthusiast

This would be great even as an option within the family- say, a checkbox for 'Number by Room' or 'Number Sequentially'.

emaline_brady
Community Visitor

YESSSS. This is an AMAZING idea. AUTODESK, PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!!

G_GRIESSEN
Contributor

Window and door tags should be able to implement the room they're coming from or where they are going to. Like in the schedule "From room" and "To room". The Information is there, I just need the tag to get that infomation.

Tags (7)
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition, door tags should be able to be linked in sub-discipline schedules. For example, Security/ access control door hardware schedule, Fire control evacuation schedule. ect.

GaryOrrMBI
Collaborator

We still need this... desperately. Enabling the pass thru of these values (as is done in the schedules) would solve the biggest problem encountered in coordinating door tags with room numbers of the rooms they serve.

An additional and related need, is to have a graphic symbol in the model views for switching the From Room and To Room properties instead of it only being available in the schedule.

SamBerk
Advocate

Hi @G_GRIESSEN  @GaryOrrMBI 

If you wanna go with 3rd party plugins, BIMright has a feature called Category Joins, that solve all this kind of problems.

https://www.bimright.com/features/categoryJoin 

p_barnett
Contributor

On interior elevations and sections, we'd like to have a door tag that shows the name of the room on the other side of the door.

In the schedule, we've got the Room To and Room From options, but they don't appear in the available parameters for Door Tag Labels.

Thanks

Tags (6)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report