Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit API on in-place mass

Revit API on in-place mass

I am working on using Revit API to generate in-place mass for feasibility and regulation study (setback and height restriction).

I think it would be useful and open to new possibilities if Revit API provides tool to deal with in-place mass.

9 Comments
ValentinaZusik
Advocate

Is there any news about this idea?

Kushnir.A
Collaborator

Hello, @jeremy_tammik!

Need your attention here. Is there some information about possible changes in API for this? Usage of mass in families or directshapes makes editing on the fly so hard.

Best regards, Alexey.

jeremytammik
Autodesk

Not as far as I am aware. Collecting votes. You can keep an eye on the immediate future developments in the Revit API by subscribing to the preview release in the Autodesk feedback forum https://feedback.autodesk.com/overview/default.html

Kushnir.A
Collaborator

@jeremytammik Thansk for answer, I will subscribe!  😊

Admin.CTI
Participant

Also interested in this. Is there any way to create an element that i can use to cut a piece from another element? Programatically obviously.

blro.
Enthusiast

Would be extremely helpful to be able to construct editable in-place masses (constructed with reference and/or model lines) through the API or Dynamo. A perfect example would be loading in a 2D CAD survey or registry plan and use the curves to create in place massing massing geometry on the fly. Would save heaps of time, whereby we would otherwise need to create a new family, manually trace the outlines, extrude, add material parameters, etc. Over dozens or even hundreds of buildings per project this would be a huge time saver.

luojin765RDVJP
Participant

This is very important, and without this function,  many actions which could be done manually are impossible through the API currently.

m.shcheblykin
Contributor

guys, we need an access for roof by face as well. These post commands need to be upgraded for Dynamo/API

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report