Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reveal Linework\\ Clear Linework override

Reveal Linework\\ Clear Linework override

There should be "Clear Linework override" option, to enable distinguishing elements that are assigned to lineworks from others and clear lineworks if required......

12 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

No easy-button for undoing linework. Add this please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousThe linework tool <By Category> removes linework on a line by line basis. The duplicate with detailing removes all linework (and graphic overrides) in a view.

I'm certainly not arguing that there's no need to improve these features I agree that it should be much easier to do both of those things. Additionally it would be very helpful to see which lines have been modified, but wanted to respond in case you didn't know about the features that already exist.

lionel.kai
Advisor

@Anonymous Thanks for the response - it inspired me to search for and vote up this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/duplicate-view-with-detail/idc-p/6886891

NOTE also that Duplicating a view (or creating a new one) is only a PARTIAL workaround, as you will loose all references to the original view (they must be manually changed, and finding references can be hard as Revit doesn't display them all in the Properties).

Since Linework IS detailing, "Duplicate with Detailing" should ALWAYS duplicate any Linework overrides (and it's my view that it's a bug that that isn't the current functionality). HOWEVER, implementing that would kill the PARTIAL workaround you suggested above, so ALL THREE ideas really need to be implemented at the same time (if at all):

include ALL detailing in "Duplicate with Detailing"

reveal overrides

AND reset overrides

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lionel.kai 

You are right, you will lose references. Its a pretty rare and extreme scenario that you would want to reset ALL of your graphic overrides but sometimes necessary and so I agree that there should be both a reveal and reset button for them.

However Linework is NOT detailing. Detailing is drafting, lines that only exist in 2d, text notes etc, stuff whose workset=the current view.

Linework is a graphic override to modeled elements and therefore should not be considered as detailing.

If you want to duplicate with detailing and with overrides you would simply Duplicate as a Dependent and then make your view independent. Its certainly not a bug or missing feature because it already exists and works as it should.

pbdbdq
Contributor

I have just discovered that potentially every bit of furniture in a large floor plan and over 5 levels has been overridden individually. Being able to reset this more efficiently would be very useful.

rookio
Contributor

Old thread here, hasn't been bumped in a while, but this would be a great addition. I am constantly trying to figure out which lines have been overridden and then a bunch of time clicking "by category"... please implement both "reset" and "view" overriden linework option.

stephenc9VRE3
Contributor

<by category> in the dropdown is a good start, but yes it would be nice once you select <by category> that everything without an override goes grey to reveal which lines have been overridden.

dmaral
Enthusiast

If you duplicate the view with detailing, they disappear somehow. I don't know why you can't do it via API..

pbdbdq
Contributor

Thank you @dmaral that is a really good tip, I will use that to help in future until a built-in solution materialises.

dmaral
Enthusiast

It does not help me because we can't change ID of views and place them again onto sheets.. Would be nice to clear all changes via an API method..

ericZ55ST
Explorer

One of the new features in 2022 when right clicking on a Sheet in the Browser is the option to Duplicate Sheet? Duplicate with Views> Duplicate with >Duplicate with with Detailing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators