Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove all Painted materials

Remove all Painted materials

Revit should allow you to remove all painted materials at once. Currently it is possible to remove just one by one, which takes a lot of time. 

6 Comments
j0hnp
Enthusiast

If you don't want to wait around for this idea BoostYourBIM just published this.

https://twitter.com/BoostYourBIM/status/1291045201830649856?s=20

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

The Factory

Ric_Weber
Advocate

@kimberly.fuhrman  The feature being added in the Revit Preview Release is not what the OP originally asked for in this idea. The OP (I believe) wants to be able to remove any painted surfaces from their project file.  If one were to paint many surfaces with a material(s) in one's project, the OP wants to be able to clear all of those overrides in one sweep.  Perhaps by crossing box, perhaps project wide, perhaps with a ctrl-click to pick certain painted surface all at once. 

The feature being added is a great idea!!  But just not the idea that is this idea.

I believe the developers need to do a better job of investigating with the OPs about their ideas.  Contact them directly.  Ask questions, confirm what it is they want.  Perhaps even contact some of the commentors.  This is not the first time time something like this has happened and the developers say, "look at this, we're taking your ideas and making them happen" when in fact, they are misunderstanding or not fully understanding the idea. 
Thank you.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

@Ric_Weber , you are correct, and we mistakenly linked this incorrectly as an Accepted Idea. Reverting the status for now. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and apologies for the confusion. We are human, really!

Ric_Weber
Advocate

@kimberly.fuhrman Thank you!  You are not human!  You are Wonder Woman and your team is the Justice League!  (or if you prefer Marvel, you are Captain Marvel and the Avengers!)  Have a great week Diana!

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@Ric_Weber Thanks, I'll take Captain Marvel for the win. That just made my day! 😁

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report