Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember last used location for Open/Save/Load Family

Remember last used location for Open/Save/Load Family

If I load a family from a library, remember the last location that I used. Most likely I'll be in the same place next time. Maybe keep it within the session of Revit, doesn't have to remember since the last time the program was open.

Same idea with other file functions.

13 Comments
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to announce that this has been implemented in the 2018.2 release.  Learn more about the release here: http://blogs.autodesk.com/revit/2017/10/11/revit-2018-2-update/.

Enjoy!

damo3
Advisor

Thanks! This was a really annoying one, so glad to see it fixed up. 

AnthonyForlong
Participant

This is a real pain in the ass, can we please have the ability to turn this on or off.

casquatch
Collaborator

@AnthonyForlong, what specifically is causing you issues? I haven't had a ton of time to test it, but from what I saw it seemed like it was working well and would save some extra clicks.

jwheelerGEE4J
Explorer
I have users who prefer to start at the top level folder each time they add a family. Has anyone determined how to turn this off? If it’s a feature I’m assuming it can be toggled.
casquatch
Collaborator

I would agree, something like this should be implemented as an option within the Revit.ini file. Maybe I should have specified that in my original request 😉

HaniTartour
Advocate

THANKS AUTODESK FOR THE NEW REVIT RELESE 2018.2

JJSampson
Community Visitor

There should definitely be a way to turn that off as an option. We might rarely go back to the same folder, so we have to navigate back from a different place every time.  THAT is not convenient.

delongb
Explorer

Has anyone found how to turn this feature off.

This feature needs to have the option to turn it off. I prefer to start at the top level folder each time. My biggest problem with this feature is when I load a family I downloaded that is still in my download folder, I can never remember the default location and waste a lot of time looking for it.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report