Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar visibility in cut sections

Rebar visibility in cut sections

Hello,

I am trying to create a rebar drawing with revit 2022.

I use the new feature of revit 2022 that allow to have different spacing in a set.

I created a rebar set and remove some when I have a hole in the floor. 

But as you can see on my cut 3, the rebar is visible despite the delimitation of the cut.

andremicka_0-1628151949686.png

andremicka_1-1628151949385.png

andremicka_2-1628151949641.png

andremicka_3-1628151949356.png

Is it possible to hide automatically the unvisible set in the view without doing it manually ?

Because if it is inevitable it is really out of control when you have lot of cuts on a big project.

5 Comments
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @andre.micka ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared this post with one of our Product Managers to investigate further.

-Kimberly

andre.micka
Advocate

Thank you Kimberly

I am waiting impatiently for the correction

andre.micka
Advocate

Hi @kimberly.fuhrman ,

Is there any news from the product manager with this problem?

Will they do something?

Thank you

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@andre.micka ,

I brought it up with our product team again...thank you for the reminder. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them!

-Kimberly

peticid
Autodesk

Hi Mickael,

Revit currently works this way because, in many cases, a cross-section through a reinforced concrete element should display the stirrups, despite the view depth. Therefore, whenever the section is parallel to the plane of the rebar, we are always actually displaying the first bar from a set. This is applicable in all scenarios, including when a set has moved bars.

We acknowledge that our current implementation doesn't fit all scenarios. The problem for which we don't have an answer yet is how should we differentiate between bars that should show up, even if they are not in the view depth (stirrups) and other bars that shouldn't, as in your example?

For now, the only workaround I can suggest is to hide those bars in the view. And if you have any suggestions on how to control the behavior of bars' visibility in cross-sections, we would really appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,

Dan Peticila, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Product Manager | Autodesk Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report