Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar automatic constraints

Rebar automatic constraints

Let choose if rebar need to be constrained automatically to cover or not. It could be autoconstrain by default but give option to turn it off, because work with rebar constraints is slowing down the process.

4 Comments
GatisM
Advocate

I am detailing column. Column has a 40 mm rebar cover. At a bottom its 35 mm, one face can't have different covers, so  i must manually set cover with "rebar constraints". There is 3 big problems.

1. Verry often there are confused Warning "Cannot solve rebar shape using data from dimension" I understand what its mean but there no reason for this error.

2. If I have 40 similar columns, ofcorse i am copying rebars, but defined constrains are lost its parameters i must define all of them again.

3. To manipulate with constrains i am wasting 1/3 part of all detailnig works, its not seriously.

And again, please, give option to turn off rebar constrainig to faces as instance property.

peticid
Autodesk

Hi Gatis,

You can set different concrete covers for each face of a structural element, including a column. To achieve this, select the element you want to reinforce, go to "Structure" tab, click "Cover" and then select the "Pick faces" button.Covers_1.JPG

Regarding point 1, do you get that error when you try to use the Constraints to align a rebar segment to the cover, so you input a "0" value? If so, I recommend you to use the rebar grips, and you will notice that the rebar will snap to the cover automatically. If you still get this error in other scenarios, can you please show me what rebar shapes are you trying to sketch?

For point 2, for making the rebar not react to different constraints when copied from one host to another, could you please send me your file, to see which solution could be applied? You can send it to me via a private message if it contains confidential information.

Please let me know if these suggestions work for you.

Kind regards, 

Dan Peticila
Product Manager

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report