Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search option when loading family

search option when loading family

The ability to have a search function when loading a family....i.e. when loading a W-Shape family, to be able to type in the desired element without scrolling and quickly select element. See attached

9 Comments
RolyNZ
Contributor

I want a search box in all the file open + load family, load image boxes. It should work just like windows file explorer's search

File open dialog box.jpg

Tags (1)
RolyNZ
Contributor

I used to use Kiwicodes family browser, it let me search through all of my families. for some reason 2018 Revit wont run it.

I now wish for this simple search method every day...

sarsenault2CCSS
Advisor
Just place your detail items in a library file. Searching by RFA file is antiquated.
RolyNZ
Contributor

I'm a self taught user in 1 person office so I don't pick up new trends and ideas too fast. 

I have a library folder divided into categories, is this what you mean?

sarsenault2CCSS
Advisor
This is what I am referring to. http://therevitkid.blogspot.ca/2013/01/explore-all-of-revits-detail-components.html No one in our company used the rfa files, so I exposed them in our library file.
Rob_J_
Advocate

It would be nice to see this capability integrated into Revit.  I get tired of having to use my windows explorer search feature to find what I'm looking for.  It disrupts my work flow.

takumi.yoshioka
Autodesk
Since no search function on Revit, it is so hard to find the file looking for among few ten thousands of rfa files.We need search function on the dialog box as an opening family.
Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search in File Explorer then drag and drop the family into your project.

Mark_Engwirda
Collaborator

@MichaelWSullivan@Rob_J_ 

It would be nice to have some kind of search function for loading families like the screenshot below.

Search Content.jpg

It's almost like the Revit programmers didn't ever expect anyone to use this dialogue box to load any families hence why we all end up using windows explorer to do the lifting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report