Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"OR" in filter rules

"OR" in filter rules

There is currently no "Or" capability in filter rules, which makes it very difficult/inefficient at times to filter.  For instance: assume I only want to see walls that contain CMU or Concrete in the type name.  I can create a filter for Just the concrete walls easily, and do the same for the CMU.  But one filter with OR could easily accomplish the task.

107 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 2019  Now has OR capability for the view filters, but NOT the schedule filters. This new interface REALLY needs to be added to the schedule filters. Like stated above this would save endless amounts of time and avoid adding extraneous parameters.

or.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

It have very usefull if we could choose a condition OR to filter in schedule.

In this case, that dont have "OR" we have to create another schedule view, to do it by another way.

Sem título.png

Tags (2)
Anonymous
Not applicable

being able to filter schedules by the parameter of and/or would help when I need specific room numbers side by side and then the random corridor number. Ex. 112, 113 & corridor 111! Makes it tough to do this! Again, Simple and sweet! 

Tags (5)
jagostinho74
Collaborator

Why is this one labeled "Accepted" and not "implemented" this feature has already been released w/ 2019, I am right?

brunelli.b
Enthusiast

I'd like to see this feature apply to filter schedules as well before I would consider it to be fully implemented. Hopefully that's coming through soon.

JMounteer
Enthusiast
Agreed. Expanding the logic to all places rules filters can be applied would be a full implementation. As it's only view filters at this time, it's useful but not what most of my clients or myself were looking for.
SeanMTA
Advocate
This feature is in the view filters, not in schedules. OR in schedules would be epic. It would radically change the usefulness of schedules across multiple categories.
helengorina7713
Contributor
I specifically asked for OR in schedules 🙂

roikela
Advocate
add shared parameter to the revit 2019 filter..... like we had on reivt 2018
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improve the schedule filter functionality to allow for the creation of many filters with AND/OR capabilities (grouping would be nice), and the ability to toggle if those filters are applied to the schedule with a simple checkbox next to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Revit 2020 is still without it! They think inserting pdf into revit is more important...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allow filter criteria conditions by And/Or.

Example: Select views placed on 400s OR 500s OR 600s sheets. Result: Select views on 400s through 600s sheets.

Tags (4)
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

That was implemented in Revit 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qZfmAynxU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing!

I've been on a long project in 2018. 

Thanks for the reference!

JeremyWeber-NSPJ
Enthusiast

The introduction of "OR" in View Filters dramatically improved the efficiency, and reduced the number, of filters needed in a project. Currently in schedules the only option to filter in or out is "AND" which leads to a large number of schedules to get multiple information. As view filters continue to improve, schedule filters are left behind.

For example, including Curtain Walls in a Window Schedule is difficult as they are in different categories and many work-arounds are clunky. A Multi-Category schedule with an "OR" option would allow a user to select the entire Window Category and also wall type Curtain Walls in the same schedule. This will also help tremendously for Specialty Equipment and other categories that have very few subcategories by default yet have a wide range of components.

Tags (6)
CFNBen
Advocate

Did you search before adding your idea?

Please add your support to this idea as well: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/filter-or-in-schedule/idi-p/8374787

JeremyWeber-NSPJ
Enthusiast

I did search before commenting, and that idea did not come up. Thanks for the link, I will add my vote.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please add all kind of logical operation: also exclude (NOT), XOR.

ADT267
Enthusiast

A filter "OR" rule in schedules would be a really useful tool.

I'm creating separate room schedules for 2-3 rooms in a building with approx 500 rooms in total. I'm away to investigate all the workarounds.... 🤞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators