Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser Toolbar

Project Browser Toolbar

It would be nice to add a little toolbar to the Project Browser to collapse/uncollapse all items, by level, filter, etc. to have more power to control it on-the-go, and not only by Browser Organization. 

Also, if you press CTRL+F after clicking inside of  the Project Browser, a Search Window will pop up... no many people know this and it is super handy (I use it like 5-10 times per day). I've been sharing this tool with coworkers, they all love it and I believe you should make it more evident (and never, ever, get the rid of it). 

Project browser tool bar.JPG

8 Comments
DCesko
Advocate

Good idea....

craigh_bim
Advocate

Great. In the mean time, you can expand all with the Asterisk button on the number pad.

Collapsing all can be done by changing the project browser type from one to the other, then back again.

It's not great, but it works.

Right click-Search is not as obvious as your option. I'd like to see it at the top of the project browser, as you've shown.

HUGO-MTZ
Enthusiast
Great advice. Thank you. Also with shift + right arrow or left arrow, you
can collapse or uncollapse a group. Still, the Project Browser can be
perfected for navigation performance.
Voner
Participant

Thank you

pieter5
Advisor

I have a parallel idea here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/tabbed-project-browser/idi-p/6340144

I've made a visual brainstorm that included

- collapse/uncollapse all

- spotlight filter

- tabs for the main categories

- dropdown to quickly select browser organization template

In general, there's a lot of room for Project Browser improvements

HUGO-MTZ
Enthusiast

Thank you!! This would be very helpful and necessary indeed ...and you have my vote. 

joe.verlaque
Contributor

Brilliant CTRL+F function you mentioned! I didn't realise this actually existed. If only they had one for Shared Parameters (I have suggested it in another Idea)

Thanks for sharing

Zwielehner
Advocate

Hi @HUGO-MTZ@joe.verlaque and all,

The search function is hidden and well, of mediocre use (if your search term is found multiple times you have to go through the search results one by one).

That is why we created our own litte project browser, which in its first version is available in the app store:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6453162978000981936&appLang=en&os=Win64

It lets you display all results at once, making the search even easier and faster.

Please give it a try, with enough support I can make it even more awesome :).

Regards,

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report