Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Project browser sheet sorting by using parameter

by Observer sandip.more on ‎04-10-2017 12:22 AM

Task was to rearrange the below sheets as per yellow mark-up. I.e. overall sheets first and then sector plan sheet in North- East-South order. But we could not do it as we can not customize the’ Browser Organisation’ properties. Task Problem faced to do the task If we drop down sort by option, there are only two options to sort, one by ‘scale’, another by ‘sheet number’. But we want to sort it by ‘sheet sort order’ parameter. Can we add more parameters to ‘sort by’ so that we can organise the sheets by customized order not in alphabetically descending or ascending manner. Kindly advice. Thank you, Sandip

Comments
By: Advocate jkidder
| Posted ‎04-10-2017 09:49 AM

Add "group by" options to get your sheets to sort correctly.

We have our sheets grouped by Major discipline order, than by a minor discipline order, and sorted by sheet.  You could group by sort order, then sort by sheet.

By: Enthusiast purvigirwin
| Posted ‎04-10-2017 01:43 PM

You can create any custom project parameter that you want and assign it to sheets. I would make it a "number" type parameter. Then you can sort by that number and put whatever number you want in that field.

By: Observer sandip.more
| Posted ‎04-11-2017 03:16 AM

i also expect the same like creating creating a project parameter "sheet sort order’" and sort it using this parameter however in the "browser organisation properties" If we click on drop down of "sort by" option, there are only two options to sort, one by ‘scale’, another by ‘sheet number’ there s no option to link the newly created parameter "sheet sort order’" if they add this feature then it will be easy as you said
| Posted ‎04-11-2017 04:29 AM

Check a couple of things:

1. That after you've added the parameter to your project, that you have assigned it to the "sheets" category.

2. That you've added that parameter field to your schedule so that you can then sort by it. 

I typically have 2 versions of my schedules, a "working" one and a "sheet" or "printing" one. The "working" one has columns visible that I need for sorting and grouping while the "sheet" version has those same columns hidden because I don't want to see them when I put the schedule on my sheet, but I need them to be there in order to sort by them.

| Posted ‎04-11-2017 06:06 AM

Purvigirwin

may its confusion from my end, we need this sheet sorting in the project browser organisation and not in a schedule. in schedule we can add project parameter and control them for sorting but in project browser sorting we cannot and thats what is not happening in the current 2017

| Posted ‎04-11-2017 06:16 AM

Look at these two images, maybe they will help. The first is where I created a new instance parameter for sheets, and the second is after I created a new sheet organization for my browser and picked that new parameter that I created. 

Project Parameter - Sheet Sorting.pngBrower Org - Sheets.png

| Posted ‎04-11-2017 08:03 AM

Thanks Purvigirwin

This will help but in our condition project is already in CD stage and browser setup is well set and only sorting is needed also using newly added Parameter "Group by" option creates highlighted sub folders. it will be great if some how we can use this parameter in highlighted "Sort by" dropdown. i asked this to Autodesk support group but they said its not in the current versions and only can add if i put it here in this forum and it get more votes then they may think of it

pb.jpg

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube