Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print sheets from project browser

Print sheets from project browser

I would like to be able to simply select the sheets to print from the project browser + print them.

17 Comments
whitbrs
Alumni

How about not even going to the Project Browser - would that work for you?

If so, Ctrl+P is the answer - or the Revit Application Button.

Either way, you can then Select (3) Print Range from the Print Dialog, then choose the sheet, sheets and/or views you want to print, and if necessary save the print set for later use.

Print.jpg

Or, do you want to be able to right click on sheet(s) in the PB and select print?

Print Suggestion.jpg

SamBerk
Advocate

I think that he want to have the ability to print sheets on the same order from the project browser,

similar to this ideas  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/sorting-sheets-when-printing/idi-p/6479291 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/print-from-schedule/idi-p/6322520

RolyNZ
Contributor
The reason I posted this idea is that there are about 3-4 steps/clicks
before being able to select sheets + print them out.

I only use 2 printers, PDF + Hardcopy all other settings I leave alone 99%
of the time.

My belief in speeding up workflows is to reduce repetitive unnecessary mouse
clicks.

Revit is terrible for this, and I believe it could be improved without too
much new coding required.

Steps/clicks

Ctl P to print

Click/ Ctl S to select sheets + views area,

Click "Select" button,

Click Uncheck "views" - I have never in my 10 years printed random views, I
wish this button remained unchecked!

Then you can choose your print sheets.. This last bit I have no problem with
it works really well and the sheets order how I have numbered them

OR.

Project browser, Ctl click each sheet,

use last printer selected,

OK

Andrew Crawshaw NZCD Arch, LBP

Crawshaw Architecture

* 021 161 3825 * A/H 06 7515225 * 54 Waireka Road East RD4 New
Plymouth

http://www.CrawshawArchitecture.co.nz
RolyNZ
Contributor

What Whitbrs suggests is what I would like to do, (Second option, ctl select sheets, rightclick print those sheets) am I missing some basic knowhow, the image you posted is bang on how I see it working, but my Revit doesn't give that option. Is there an extension I'm missing?

Cheers Andrew

lionel.kai
Advisor

@RolyNZ The first option that @whitbrs described is the OOTB behavior that's already available. The second option is just a graphical creation of the actual wish that you posted.

RolyNZ
Contributor

@lionel.kai Thanks, I thought I was missing some functionality. OOTB option is pretty click heavy IMO the second option, although not pretty, seems pretty obvious to me. Select drawings, right click print...

damjanuzelac
Contributor

+1 to this, a simple feature that really helps when you need a quick print

zafzaf2008
Participant

Would like to be able to "Right Click" on a sheet in Project Browser and "Print" or "Print Preview" or "Print Setup Manager"

RolyNZ
Contributor

lionel.kai
Advisor

Something that would enable faster printing would be to store the (default/full-size) setup for the Sheet (similar to how AutoCAD does) without having to select it every time you re-open the model.

RolyNZ
Contributor

I want second option too, but alas I have given up paying for upgrades to Revit (I own it) and now just accept my 2018 version quirks and all.

RolyNZ
Contributor

posted this in 2016, gathering support, look out for this snazzy new print feature in the near future! #easy #printing!!!

Aaron.EllsworthTFCLR
Contributor

So many great ideas in the revit Ideas forum, but its full of duplicates and hard to search through.

RolyNZ
Contributor

Agreed, I’m sure this has several iterations, if they were combined it might add up to enough support to get across the line.

VDCAD2
Enthusiast

@RolyNZI was about to post this exact idea, apparently 4 years late. I tried to search for the idea via the Search Suggestions but only recently saw your post. The Revit brass really need to put their heads together on this one. It's a button. @whitbrs your response is EXACTLY what we are looking for.

alaraJ3LSY
Enthusiast

This is a brilliant idea! 
I will take this a little bit further:

It would be awesome to sort/filter the sheets we want to print per the shared parameters or the system parameters. 

alaraJ3LSY_1-1676653893674.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report