Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Settings - Combine multiple selected views/sheets into a single file

Print Settings - Combine multiple selected views/sheets into a single file

Currently, when printing in Revit, the 'File Settings' default to "Combine multiple selected views/sheets into a single file." - which is perfect - as discussed previously in the forums here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/print-default-should-be-quot-combine-shhets-into-single-f...

BeforeBefore

Unfortunately, after selecting different 'Printer Names', views in the 'Print Range', or 'Print Settings', the 'File Settings' switch to "Create separate files."

AfterAfter

This should not happen. Print settings should not change when going from one menu setting to another. Print settings should remain as selected unless manually changed by the user. As noted by @lionel.kai. Please fix. It's really annoying - especially when I'm in a hurry and forget before printing a 100 page document.

11 Comments
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @chris.jones9VA3R ,

Here is a similar Idea...should I combine this one with yours?

PDF Printing - Combine Multiple problem - Autodesk Community

Thank you for your submission!

Kimberly

chris.jones9VA3R
Explorer
Hi Kimberly,
It's not clear to me he is referring to the same issue, but I can't quite tell. I feel like it is the same issue, but the way he words it makes me think it's not - so, I don't know. Sorry I guess that's not very helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@chris.jones9VA3R  I can keep them as separate Ideas for now and will monitor both for activity.

Thanks again!

Kimberly

a.wilsonXT342
Explorer

Bumping this. 

I appreciate that there's now a warning popup now which says are you sure you want to create separate files because it has saved me from accidentally creating  40 pdf's.  However, a warning popup being necessary for a default setting on a routine task seems to be an indication that the wrong default is being used.

Having it stay with last used or combined seems to be a better solution; as well as not changing when other properties of the print job are altered - that is confusing / annoying.

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast
Indeed, they thought they had fixed the problem but they didn't troubleshot it. Classic, I am upvoting your idea
tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

Any traction on really implementing this in Revit by default ? @Anonymous @help @kimberly.fuhrman ?
This behavior by default needs to change across the board, not just in one condition, please refer yourself to this all thread for details.

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

No answer from anybody regarding a setting that has been needed by the community for ages now ?
We have to change this thing everytime we need to print, it's ridiculous.

tlagardeAJBTA_0-1681393078868.png

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @tlagardeAJBTA !

I feel your pain on this one! I'm going to file this one as a problem report. Thank you all for bringing it back to life.

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

Sure, do you mean that this will be fixed in the next releases ? This would be great, thank you

chris.jones9VA3R
Explorer

@tlagardeAJBTA- It would be pretty great. At this point it's just a part of my routine every time I print to check this setting. Would be nice to not have to do that anymore.

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

We shouldn't get used to bad setups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report