Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous state for temporary hide/isolate

Previous state for temporary hide/isolate

Sometimes you hide elements/categories, but then somehow need to check on whole model for a moment. So you reset temporary hide/isolate. You should not forget to undo that move in oder to get back to the temporary hide status. It would be helpful to do the model work and get back to the previous temporary hide/isolate state. 

2 Comments
mhiserZFHXS
Advisor

If you are regularly jumping back and forth between the same temporary hide elements, why not just make a view template with those settings, and switch between that "temporary" view template and the typical one?

tolga.isikyildiz
Contributor

Sometimes the workflow is like... Lets say some categories are isolated and checking some elements on some parameters visually, i "hide element" the ones that i checked. So that i go through the items one by one on the view. But sometimes you need to see all to check on something etc. It would be nice to get back to temporary view state even after "Reseting Temporary Hide/Isolate". 

Not exactly the same and equivalent but "layer previous" in autocad might define the similar need here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report