Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent sheets to pick up the scale of legend views

Prevent sheets to pick up the scale of legend views

It is a very common rookie mistake to get the sheet scale read 'As indicated' once they drop a legend on it.

It would be so much easier if legends had the option to not report their scale to the sheet.

11 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor

Great idea! Previously, I was thinking globally:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/revit-default-manager/idc-p/6377990#M1019

or per-sheet:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/custom-text-in-scale-parameter/idc-p/6377987#M1018

but checking a "Do not report Scale to Sheet" option in the Legend's Properties or Custom Scale dialog makes a lot more sense. That way, if you want the scale of some Legends to show up, but not others, you have that flexibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be helpful if all views had this parameter so that we could make key plans without having the scale as "as indicated".

Kevin.Bell
Advisor

If a Legend is placed on a sheet with a floor plan and the scales do not match Revit displays 'As Indicated' in the titleblocks scale.

Often Legends do not require a scale.

I'd like the option to select 'No Scale' for a Legend so that when its placed on a sheet with a plan its scale is ignored and the titleblock only shows the Plans scale.

Inerin
Contributor

There should be an options to turn the scale associated with legend off. If we have a sheet with a 1:100 scale and another with a 1:50 scale, we end up having to make to legends with the same text only in different scales. I would be better if we could use one legend on all sheets which won't affect the scale noted on the titleblock.

Tags (2)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree! It would be amazing! and plans should have the same "not scale" parameter in order to make key plans and don't afect the scale indicated in the titleblock!
Claire_L_G
Explorer

this thread started in 2016 - autodesk sort it please,  its still an issue in Revit 2021

matthewsantana
Participant

Still an issue in 2022..

MOR-ConorMacken
Enthusiast

As a related topic, it would also be useful if "As Indicated" could be customised to something else (we normally use "As Shown" or "A/S" on CAD drawings) .

Better still it could list the scales, E.g. "1:100, 50, 20" with an upper limit to stop the list being too long after which it would fall back on the catch-all text.

pieter5
Advisor

Still remains an issue

mbXL3F3
Observer

Can't believe Autodesk still could not fix this simple issue...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report