Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing Wastewater Slope

Plumbing Wastewater Slope

Changing the slope of a wastewater collector is extremely labor intensive once all the stacks are connected.  In order to change the slope all piping must be disconnected to change the slope.  It would be nice if the slope could be easily changed.  Also connections to the collector are difficult because of the various angles of the incoming sloped pipe relative to the wastewater collector slope.  Revit is an extremely useful tool, but for modeling sloped pipes it is soo labor intensive to get it done correctly that it is difficult to adopt and remain competitive.

4 Comments
pieterdewaal
Advocate

@IMEAutodesk 

Could you please expand on the idea? What do you propose as a solution?

Currently I single-tab select the pipe run --> Modify | Multi-Select --> Slope = whatever you need. It does break on occasion, especially depending on which families you use. This allows changing pipe slopes without breaking connection to the stacks.

Revit has always been extremely labour intensive for any sloped services. Don't even get me started on modelling sprinkler piping for floors sloped in both x and y directions with d/stand beams and other services all over the show... I've resorted to using flex pipe to just save some time.

Dale_Golden
Contributor

Some of us do not use the Revit native families so the simple TAB and Click don't work for us. I agree though that fittings lose connection as Revit don't auto rotate them as needed and we have to go back and align it all by hand to re connect. Ever try to extend or shorten a sloped pipe? That too is a major pain as Revit DOES NOT HOLD the slope in the system. While many people just note or some other workaround, I work for a place that fabricates so there is less time installing and time wasted leaving it up to the field to figure out. We have it all pretty much figured out before we start running into issues.

I will agree that, as a Designer, Revit leaves much of the burden on us to configure into REAL WORLD principals. In the MEP realm anyhow.  

pieterdewaal
Advocate

@Dale_Golden To be fair to Autodesk, I believe 2023 has significantly improved maintaining and updating pipe slopes, or at least it feels like it. I've modelled a few pipes in older versions and 2023 at the same time (same layout) and it worked a lot faster with much less errors. They didn't detail what exactly the changed from 2022 to 2023, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that it just "works" better.

Dale_Golden
Contributor

There is always good news in newer versions. Not everybody gets the newer version though, so that's a drawback. I have some clients that still use 2018. In a perfect world everyone would be on the newest version after the first service pack release. I will keep pushing for our clients to upgrade if they can in the meantime. I myself have not had a lot of exposure to 2023 so now I feel like shutting up and playing around for myself. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report