Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholder Sheet Parameters Same as Standard Sheets

Placeholder Sheet Parameters Same as Standard Sheets

Please provide the same parameters that are available for a normal sheet to the placeholder sheets.

The parameters, “Appears in Sheet List” and “Revisions on Sheet” are not available to placeholder sheets.  If these parameters could be made available in the sheet list so that we could change the parameter in the sheet schedule that would help a lot!  

For this to work, we'd have to have the ability to show ALL sheets, including those that are set to not "Appear in Sheet List", similar to the Show/Hide/Isolate of the Placeholder Sheets we could have a Show/Hide/Isolate for the Appears in Sheet List field.  Show would allow even those sheets that have Appears in Sheet List field unchecked.

This way I can have the placeholder sheets for each of the disciplines in my sheet list, but be able to select whether or not they appear in the sheet list or not.

I use the placeholder sheets to list the civil sheets or others that cannot be taken from a linked Revit file. 

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please provide us the same parameters that are available for a normal sheet to the placeholder sheets. 

• Appears in Sheet List
  • Revisions on Sheet

These would appear in a sheet schedule so we could change the parameter in the sheet schedule. 

This way I can have the placeholder sheets for each of the disciplines in my sheet list, but be able to select to select whether or not they appear in the sheet list or not. 

Just my thoughts. 

Ric

Tags (1)
jkidder
Collaborator

For the change in behavior for "Appears in Sheet List" to be useful we would need the ability to create schedules of sheets where it is unchecked. Otherwise there would be no way to modify parameters of placeholder sheets. Because we can't create a schedule of all sheets, including those set not to appear in sheet lists we always leave "Appears in Sheet List" checked.  We then have a secondary parameter, that we use to indicate whether or not we want to see the sheet in index lists. This secondary parameter can be set for placeholder sheets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jkidder you make a very valid point.  For this to work, we'd have to have the ability to show ALL sheets, including those that are set to not "Appear in Sheet List".  I could envision it as similar to the hidden column idea where the OP suggested that the column would be highlighted, the same could be done to the row if the sheet is turned off.  And then similar to the Show/Hide/Isolate of the Placeholder Sheets we could have a Show/Hide/Isolate for the Appears in Sheet List field.

Like the idea to have hidden columns (fields) appear in the schedule when editing it and the idea to have the ability to create schedule types, this would be something that would need a bit of re-engineering to create, but definitely not insurmountable. 

I also have a field created for specifically this purpose, but it would be nice to have the ability native to Revit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Mike.FORM
Collaborator

Can you screenshot your issue in Revit. I am confused as to how you have a sheet in Revit that does not have these options.

I understand that you have placeholder sheets that are in your model that have no views on them so that you can create a schedule but what do you mean about the appears in sheet list and the revisions stuff?

Ric_Weber
Advocate

I use placeholder sheets to actually represent real sheets that are not in Revit, like for Civil Sheets.  By using these, I can actually make them appear on my sheet list.  But the sheet doesn't actually exist.  

Ric_Weber_1-1717532673125.png

By having the Appears in Sheet List parameter available for placeholder sheets and if you had a way to show those sheets even if the Appears in Sheet List was unchecked, then you could just use that parameter to turn sheets on or off.  As it is now, I have to create a shared parameter to make that happen, which I've done, but I'd really like to be able to not use that.  

Since the placeholder sheet doesn't actually exist, I need the revisions fields in the schedule to be activated so I can assign revision information to those placeholder sheets and then would be able to list those in a sheet list as well.  

Based on your questions, you've never used placeholder sheets other than to make sheets.  I use them when I don't want to make a real sheet, but I need the sheet to show up in my sheet list.  Keeps my project browser list of sheets shorter.  

I hope that helps.  If you have more questions, let me know....  I'll try to answer.  If you have more questions, I'll try to do a video to show what I mean.  

Mike.FORM
Collaborator

I understand now. So you are using the "Insert Data Row" in your sheet list to add the placeholder sheets.

In that case you can add a Text Parameter for the "Placeholder Revision" parameters you want. Then make a combined parameter that combines the built in "Revision" parameters and the "Placeholder Revision" parameters.

Then hide the Placeholder and built in parameters.

I do agree though that it would be easier to just have the built in ones available.

MikeFORM_0-1717533526813.png

Ric_Weber
Advocate

@Mike.FORM  Exactly!!  Thank you for your vote!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators