Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Connectors Match Sloped Piping

Pipe Connectors Match Sloped Piping

An issue was brought up on nudging sloped piping (CaseNo:19650520) and how pipes connected directly to P-traps will lose the slope when other connected pipes are moved. The Dev Team was able to duplicate the issue and stated it was down to the pipe connectors not recognizing the slope on the pipe, therefore defaulting back to an aligned connection between the pipe and fitting. It's fairly common for an entire pipe system to need to be adjusted up or down by fractions, and nudging with the arrow keys is the easiest way to do this. The only way currently to adjust an entire system and keep the slope would be to select all pipes connected to fittings and p-traps, then move them, which takes much longer to do. Since sloped piping is integral to any project, and trusting that the sloped piping will not change unexpectedly is necessary to trust what is coordinated, a fix for this issue must be implemented.

2 Comments
wmclawhorn
Explorer
ebiesingerKWR5M
Participant

I agree, slope pipe functionality definitely need some some methods to more easily manipulate sloped piping and branches coming off of them. When trying to move (or nudge using arrow keys), it is  almost impossible to properly maintain the slope of the main line of pipe and connectivity of the system.. some kind of feature to either lock the slope or when nudging a fitting to always have it slide/nudge along the slope of the pipe (possibly some kind of new tool similar to move).  (more and video example @ CaseNo: 19720281)

@Wmcawhorn, also make a good point that it almost a 100% certainty that an entire system of sloped piping need to be shifted directly up or down to properly align it to a level or in a ceiling space. I agree that these are major issues and needs to be addressed so that working with sloped piping isn't as dubious. i need to be certain that sloped of my pipe are maintain to what they were when drawn.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report