Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permantly (and automatically) show camera positions in a view

Permantly (and automatically) show camera positions in a view

I would like to be able to permantly (and automatically) show camera positions in a view so that I would not have to (re)annotate this when ever the camara position is changed. It's allready possible to display the camera when the camera crop region is selected.

https://www.screencast.com/t/jvCsQy6J4p

Then, why not permenantly?

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you right click on a camera you can use the "Select all instances in entire Project" option but the "Select all instances visible in View" does not work (as they are not visible).

Could we have the ability to show all cameras in the current view?

Tags (1)
purvigirwin
Advocate

I would add to this a view control bar option of "show cameras" like "reveal hidden objects" or "reveal constraints"

jwverde
Contributor

I agree.  This would be a nice feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Supported. This would add simple effectiveness.

dnenovMXKU9
Enthusiast

That would be really useful indeed.

blro.
Enthusiast

Would be nice if they had similar features as 3DS Max cameras. Also, if one could create their own symbolic (and legend capable) representation, that would be nice.

samuelsanf
Advisor

I would like to have the option to Display/Hide by Category on the Annotation Tab on Visibility/Graphics Overides.

SamuelAB
Advocate

Perhaps there is a universal symbol for cameras so we can unhide them and we can also add camera "tags" that are symbols with information and graphics.

lionel.kai
Advisor
krzystoff
Advocate

Caermas should be same as with sections, callouts and elevations.  We keep a separate set of floor plans to see and adjust these, whilst they are filtered out of our for issue floor plans.  Doing the same with cameras would be very useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report