Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for a flip control in families

Parameters for a flip control in families

I think it would be great for Revit to allow us add Parameters for a flip control in Revit families. Thanks.

3 Comments
Mike.FORM
Collaborator

What parameters are you wanting? The only one I can think of that might be useful is a visibility parameter to hid the flip control. Even that seems a little useless though since you can still mirror the family to accomplish the same thing.

mhiserZFHXS
Advisor

@Mike.FORM 

I assume the purpose is to be able to accurately and automatically schedule whether items such as doors are mirrored, which I would support. I don't think it'd be super straightforward, as there are issues that would have to be addressed. Like maybe make it so a family can't be mirrored using the mirror tool, and can only be done with this parameter.

Yes, this can be done with Dynamo, but it doesn't automatically update, which is almost always the downside to using a Dynamo script instead of having a built in Revit feature.

Mike.FORM
Collaborator

@mhiserZFHXS that makes a lot more sense. Essentially just having the ability to track the state using schedules.

And I agree that dynamo is great but having to remember to run the scripts can be very annoying.

It would be great if there was a checkbox when saving to have Revit run active dynamo scripts in the project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report