Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustable row heights for schedules?

Adjustable row heights for schedules?

Sometimes we wish we could adjust the row heights such as microsoft spreadsheet. We can't do that on Revit.

48 Comments
geo-arch
Advocate

Please, add Resize option for all Rows not only for head. 

ekkonap
Contributor

In a Schedule View, cells and rows have a fixed height, where in a Schedule Viewport on a Sheet, rows adjust to the content. I would like the same feature in the Schedule View itself.

Editing Schedules through their Viewport (vote for that as well!) would mitigate the problem but does not solve for Schedules not placed on Sheets.

Tags (3)
henrik.thingbo
Enthusiast

Could you please allow us to override the row height in schedules and textboxes?

I often want to have more space between the rows than Revit default, but I am not allowed.

Tags (5)
Zsolt.Varga
Autodesk Support

Same wish reported by German customer, Raimund Herbst at Dipl.Ing Denis Fink.

ryan.matthew.utter
Participant

I have wanted this for many years.

relcome
Observer

Yes Please, Some formatting options for schedules is a must need.

tom.povey
Enthusiast

Yes! Would make schedules with live views in much easier 

Observer

Good morning,

I would like to suggest an idea for the REVIT schedules. I think that it would be very useful to be able to change the row height, like we do with the columns width. There are many times that we need to do a schedule with a specific dimension not dependent on the text size.

Best Regards,

Esther

stever66
Advisor

Yes, this would be very nice when you have to add revision clouds in the schedules.  Making the row heights a little larger would allow the revision clouds to fit between the rows without covering up the text.

tmunir
Explorer

Good morning,

Please make this happen. I cannot change my row height on the revision schedule and I don't want the row to depend on the text height. We have a specific text height standard for the client and we don't want to change the text height to match the row height. Please enable this feature. 

Thank you!

Evan.S.Hall
Enthusiast

This is not a good solution, but the closest thing to a workaround I know: When in the schedule view, hold SHIFT + ENTER. Enter a small character (like a period). You still can't see the result from the schedule view, you are limited to increment size, and it looks silly.

Adjustable row height hack.JPG

Chuck9000
Participant

We really want to use Revit to schedule the majority of our fixtures but I'm blown away by how far behind the customization of schedules are. The only work around I've found is to create a text Project Parameter, throw it in the schedule and adjust the font size on that one column. You can't hide the column but you can minimize the column size basically creating a double line.

*Edit: You can adjust the column size even more from the sheet. I was able to completely remove the gap!

schedule.PNG

stever66
Advisor

Adding a blank column with a larger font - that's a great idea!

Extraneous
Advisor

@stever66, All you need to know about the technologies of 2018: " - Information modeling, virtual reality, generative design, building lifecycle, blockchain technologies..." -"Can I change the height of the row in the table? - "Hmm, make a new empty column and for it the height of the text is larger."

r_d_clarke
Enthusiast

The workaround presented doesn't seem to work for Revision schedules.  When you right click on the column heading of the text project parameter there are no data rows in the revision schedule, so it can't edit the text height of the rows.  All it does is change the text height in the header.  

I don't suppose there are any workarounds for this in a revision schedule...

NateBrush
Advocate

Related to row height, schedules should also be cloudable in the schedule, so we can add revisions to the schedule itself, rather than as annotative objects on sheets.

sdijanovic
Enthusiast

Please implement this feature. f you are able to create a schedule, you should be able to resize and customize the look of it as well. 

Tres.Hernandez
Participant

I agree completely!

This seems like a complete swing and a miss by Autodesk.

They sure ran with "auto" on this one.

The schedules simply read as a cluttered mess in comparison to legends where we can adjust the spacing withing each cell/row/column. 

I think you need to spend more time not only on this, but topography limitations as well.

10msr
Participant

At the very least, make it so the 'workaround' to change the row height would function in the titleblock family - all the font override options are greyed out there.

todd
Community Visitor

Sadly, adding a new column with larger font to increase the row spacing does not work in a revision schedule in Revit LT Suite 2019.  

While the LT version is stripped down, being able to adjust the revision schedule row spacing by a uniform amount would have been brilliant.... and is something Autodesk should look into.  

I may download a trial of the full version of Revit, time permitting, to see if this limitation is overcome there.  If so, I may be able to streamline my company title block and revision schedule there .... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report