Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Browser

Schedule Browser

have a schedule browser just like we have for sheets and project browser so we can organize by discipline (submittal, pipe cut, hangers etc)

33 Comments
andrew.duncan
Explorer

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

We have hundred of schedules in our standard Project Template and it would be incredibly useful to be able to group them as per the Views section of the Project Browser.

I have included a picture below showing a small collection of the schedules in our template to highlight how big a problem this is for us.

Capture.PNG

TFuller1980
Advocate

In your template? I believe you can now convert all those to View Templates and get the schedule instances out of your project template. If you want. 

That new feature however does not take away from the OP. 

BethanyPritchard
Enthusiast

What if the existing project browser's 'browser organization' could be setup for Schedules (and Legends too while we're at it).  This would allow us to dupliacte schedule types (and legend types) and organize the schedules area of the project browser.  This is similar to what we already have the ablity to do with views and sheets....?  Could this eliminate the need for a separate schedules browser outside of the existing project browser?

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.

The Factory

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We've completed our review of this idea. After investigating the effort required to implement this request, we unable to add it to our roadmap at this time due to other priorities. However, we think this is a great idea so we will reconsider it as we made adjustments to our roadmap in the future. Thanks for the submission and keep voting!

The Factory

FGPerraudin
Advisor

We need it, need it, need it!!

Considering having in the same project:

• sales surfaces
  • Project surfaces
  • Windows schedules
  • Doors schedules
  • Analytical schedules

More than 250 schedules in my file !!!!!!

Pleaaaaaase do it!

Mathew.a.MIller
Enthusiast

One issue about not being able to do this, is a problem, yes Im not a coder, but you have the back bone already there, you can create different types of schedules just like you can any view.you just don't give us the ability organize schedules in the project browser like any other view type.

Also Kiwi Codes Project browser which just uses the data you already have in the model does give this ability

brunelli.b
Enthusiast

This is a huge wishlist item for us as well. I can't see why this is a difficult request. Browser organization for views and sheets sorts according to parameters that are assigned to those views and sheets. Allow users to do the same thing with schedules. 

pieter5
Advisor

@admins I guess this should be set to "accepted" now?

markbowen6083
Explorer

This is a must feature now. Schedules can be so powerful but to encourage use we do not want to have to scroll through over 100 of them in a list.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager

@pieter5, since the title of this request is Schedule Browser rather than Schedule Organization, it implies a separate browser. However, if the consensus here (and from @BrunoR81) is that this request would be satisfied though Schedule Organization I am happy to change this to accepted as well. I'll update the title in that case.

Thanks,

Sasha

pieter5
Advisor

I can't speak for Bruno but I interpreted this idea as being able to organize them in subcategories rather than have a separate browser (don't really see how that would help?).

BrunoR81
Contributor

I just finished a job that I was creating about 50 schedules a day between B.O.M and cut pieces, everyday I wished that I had a way to organize them. It would save us time and the browser would look organized.

BrunoR81
Contributor

I also would like to thank everyone that vote for this idea.

pieter5
Advisor

@BrunoR81 totally agreed but having an option to organize the schedules in collapsible categories and subcategories (just like we can do with views and sheets right now) would do the job, right? We wouldn't necessarily need another separate "panel", right?

roikela
Advocate
Create browser organised for schedule
Tags (1)
KM_Springfield
Advocate

This suggestion already has an idea posted please up vote that one rather than split the votes.

roikela
Advocate
More then 200 schedule here

Please do !!!
BrunoR81
Contributor

Yes Pieter that will def. do the job!! Everything in 1 panel.

pieter5
Advisor

@sasha.crotty @BrunoR81 In that case, I think we can mark this idea as "accepted" as both this idea and this idea are marked as accepted as well. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report