Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One multi-category tag to rule them all

One multi-category tag to rule them all

I find it increasingly frustrating, that the multi-category tag is treated like the odd stepchild, instead of the wise leader.
As an example, it does not cover all categories and can not tag sweeps and railings.
It is also frustrating, that it is not possible to set up multi-category tags as the default tag in the "Loaded Tags And Symbols" menu.

In the end, in 50% of our tagging needs, we pull data from the same set of master data, and might have 5 parameters that we combine in different ways (for example Type Name, Assembly Code, Assembly Description, Type Comment, Comment). I could easily see that the same multi-cat family type, could find use in 80% of the cases.
Specialty tags like rooms, spaces, walls, doors and others still find a lot of use, but how many of those actually use info that are truly special?

I could certainly have a cleaner and clearer production, if I was sure, that the multi-category tag would/could be the default.

2 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor

Being able to tag Topography would be nice (instead of just the Material it's made of), especially if it still displayed the info when topo shifts slightly (Material tags are very finicky).

Explorer

Definitely agree, it could be helpful for detailing. Maybe having an option between Multi-Category Tagging (which preserves the functionality of having different tags for different aspects of a model) and Fixed Tagging (which could be like what was previously mentioned, when one tag type pulls data from a type's parameters regardless of the model category, like when detailing) could be interesting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report