Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One License to Rule them all

One License to Rule them all

So if I am using Revit 2016, Autocad 2016, and Navisworks 2016 at the same time, that only takes 1 license.

but,

If I use Revit 2017, Autocad 2016, and Navisworks 2015 at the same time, that uses 3 licenses.

5 Comments
dgorsman
Consultant

I believe that's a result of the third party licensing system being used.  As such I strongly suspect that's not going to be changed.

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

I'm with you 100%.

We have plenty of license 90% of the year.

Except for when we're in the process of upgrading Revit files.

Then people end up maxing us out because they are using two different version of the same program. Same person, same computer, just different versions. 

Not that it really helps, but Sketchup is even worse. For the last couple of years, Trimble gives you 60 days from your first use of the new version to upgrade the entire office.  After 60 days, your old version's license is completely invalid.

tropitech
Enthusiast

Totally agree with this one. We have nearly 200 users across at least 30 projects ongoing at any one time, all in varying year versions of autodesk software.

randerson
Contributor

I agree with this as well.

It cannot be that difficult for Autodesk to sort it out, as the license file can have multiple products and licenses, the license should then be issued per workstation/ user. As long as you have a license for those products (irrespective of the version/ year) and that there is sufficient seats available.

This having to use 2licenses if you have different product versions opened, causes big issues especially if you have to suddenly open another project for a engineer, and then you can't because there is no seats available due to another user working, now you have to save your current project and close off the version nd then open the newer or older product.

Waste of time that is...

m.voss.alvine
Advocate

They have an option that fixes this.  We just installed some collection licenses.  Each license is assigned to an individual user and allows you to open different versions while only using your single license.  They are more expensive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report