Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-segment sections

Multi-segment sections

It would be great to be able to make a multi-segmented section in Revit, just like the grid.

4 Comments
Kimtaurus
Advisor

Doesn't this function already exist in Revit? Or do you mean something different?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

adrian.calabria
Advocate
Something different. I think what the OP. Is saying is foe the view range to follow the segmented section line rather that the whole thing going back the the furthest line.

That is what i would like to see happen as well
AquilaMagnus
Explorer

No, the segment view command can only segment a section orthogonally. I was talking about drawing the section line just like you would draw a multi-segmented grid line,where you can specify the direction of the grid however you want.

Example, how would you draw a section like this?

section.jpg

I had to use 3 different sections to match this section shape and than later join them together in an external application to make them look good. 

cellona_jGEAPL
Explorer

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I have the same problem just now, creating a long section of a segmented ramp same as this (bottom image).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report