Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More systems for cable management

More systems for cable management

So maybe that's kind of a translation problem. But since the other cable guarding, fixation or management options don't exist I'll give it a try.

First of all, there's this text in combination with a picture:

daviid_0-1639688510483.png

The picture tells me that this is a flexible conduit. While the text tells me that it's a rigid conduit (it's apparently rigid with 90°-bows). The only other type of cable management is the cable tray. Sadly, I can't tell what solutions other nations outside Germany use. But since there're a lot more options in real life I'll just write a list and name some companies with examples (just examples other companies surely are also good / no marketing).

With underfloor applications and device installation channel it's also possible to find alternatives - as the mentioned companies already offer rfa-files for these product lines with some more or less comfortable workarounds. Some also don't need coordination between other parties, so that it's mostly acceptable to not draw cables. But if the cable weights 10kg per meter and needs to be layed in radius of 70cm, you might also draw the cable - just for making sure that everything works as planned. The flexible conduit might act similar to the flex ducts, today a solution with Autocad splines is much faster and looks better than with rigid conduit from Revit. The company "fraenkische" created a revenue of 575 million euro mostly with flexible conduit. So these products are used in reality, but can't be used or replicated with similar things inside Revit. This way some things are still missing for a whole BIM process.

It might not be easy, but supporting flex conduit is really needed. The precast concrete is sometimes delivered from diffrent contractors and it's often really hard to describe with 2D-drawings what needs to be build and where the failure happened - not to mention the ways to fix occuring problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report