Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More rebar distribution types

More rebar distribution types

Standard distribution of rebar is a constant spacing only. It is inconvenient. You need to add two more layout options: "With additional spacing" and "Formula". These ideas have already been published earlier, on other resources: 1, 2.

rebar spacing1.png

1. "With additional spacing" 

"Maximum spacing" layout is good because it automatically places the reinforcement set on the entire structure, and the length of the rebar set can be adjusted with "Handles". But the spacing turns out to be inaccurate!

rebar spacing2.png

"Number with spacing" not convenient too: the quantity must be specified manually.

In practice reinforcing bars will be mounted as follows: several rebars with spacing "200", and the last with a reduced, "additional" step:

rebar spacing3.png

Now I need to put the bars first "Number with spacing", and separately put one rebar at a distance of 140. It's horrible and makes me cry.

We need new rebar distribution layout "Fixed spacing with additional rebar".

The properties should be able to switch the "Additional spacing" - "At the beginning" or "At the end".

"Rebar presentation - Show first and last" must show the first and last in the zone with a constant interval, "Multi-rebar annotation" should work the same:

rebar spacing4.png

"Rebar by area" and "Rebar by path" must have the same setting. 

2. "By formula"

When reinforcing columns and beams, it usually requires the installation of transverse rods with a variable step - a step smaller at the end, more - in the middle:

2009_09_16_01.jpg

Now I have to use 3 different sets of rods. This is inconvenient, especially when editing - three times as much work.

The method "By formula " should work like this:

rebar spacing5.png

"Rebar presentation" and "Multi-rebar annotation" should work in the same way as in method 1.

For "Rebar by area" and "Rebar by path" this method is not required.

14 Comments
Mikhail_Alenin
Explorer

Да ! Да ! Да ! YES ! YES ! YOU NEED IT

I'm agree, variable rebar distribution is very hard to do, we need more tools for a better productivity ! 

pavlo_ukraine
Enthusiast

for now the only solution in Revit to create variable rebar distribution is to copy this rebar on different views -:)

thomas.fink
Participant

This wish looks desirable on the first glance.

However, what should REVIT do, in case the Overall length of the Distribution changes in the future? Difficult answer, or?

And: On Site I have seen a lot of columns where the Formula Distribution can help. The additional spacing so something I have not seen on site.

pavlo_ukraine
Enthusiast

First, if "overlap length" how Revit deal with (Number with spacing) I think it is basically the same with variable distribution of bars. That is why we are engineers to control it. Second, The additional spacing we always use, because in case the length of bar is 3500 and spacing on it 17bars*200(spacing)+100(additional spacing)=3500mm. Both ideas would increace the speed of reinforcment design. Above all I think we can use formula for additional spacing. In Revit it would be the same bottom. Thank you.

pavlo_ukraine
Enthusiast

This Idea may work like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbkJtO5KCHY&t=3s

thomas.fink
Participant

Pavlo,

obviously your command creates several rebar sets. which can also be achieved by creating one set with REVIT, the command "Split Rebar Set" or "Isolate" from RCD and modifying the layout rules. All Methods share, that it is not defined what will happen, in case someone changes the length of the column. This is, why we decided not to support this functionality more than we already do. Benefit is too less compared to work.

Thomas Fink

SOFiSTiK AG

pavlo_ukraine
Enthusiast

Dear, Thomas Fink.

From my point of view and experience the benefits of this feature are too high. I do not need use this functionality for all length of column.

For example in my previous project I had 35 types of reinforced concrete columns out of 40. I used peikko PCs corbel system to support beams. If you open this catalog you will find there on the pages 29, 30, 31, 33, 34 the "Annex A-Supplementary reinforcement". It was realy hard to copy stirraps along the column because some of them just axidently change the restriction. I always place them like it have to be ("Edit Constraince" or "Edit Sketch" ) after copying.

It would be much easier to implement my reinforcment job in case I have in Revit  more rebar destributing types (as here it is said "by formula").

Thank you.

pavlo
Contributor

yes, sure. The Allplan and Tekla have these feature but our company bought Revit licences for all company and update every year the version of Revit. I want to see it in Revit!

ebWCFUA
Explorer

Hope this idea comes to life. most of the projects we work upon need this option to control varied rebar distances within one set. This also affect the drawing presentation of rebars in plan views.

Extraneous
Advisor

Sounds fantastically, and it seems that it's suprise for Autodesk too, but in Revit 2022 a workaround for this problem have been appeared. Now we can move bars in set separately and are able to implement this "variable rebar interval".

I think you can change the status of the idea to "Implemented"!

Ok there is an improvement with the R2022, but variable spacement are long to achieve and you can't copy a bar (only move or delete)

Here an example of what I would like to have on Revit :

forum.gif

WALIDGIO
Participant

yes we need multi spacing rebar set

farzanbayat74
Advocate

Thanks for your important idea @Extraneous 

FIRST DAY I started using Revit as a structural designer and drafter in 2018, I literally wondered why this super critical feature is not available in Revit 2018. Closer spacing of stirrups in critical zones of beams and columns, is mandatory by many concrete codes all over the world. Doing this task with current tools in Revit, is frustrating.

I know this feature is added to Revit Road Map. So I'm hopeful to have it in the next version.

I strongly suggest to make this feature smart. By saying smart, I mean Revit should use Artificial Intelligence to check each column based on code (like ACI 318-19) and suggest a number for spacing and L0 length (L0 is defined in below picture).

And, I also hope for a change in Autodesk policy to speed up Revit improvements and to pay attention to industry needs.

farzanbayat74_0-1697145713382.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report