Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure in 3D

Measure in 3D

I would like to be able to use the measure tool in 3D views. For reference: EXACTLY the same way as in SketchUp. 

52 Comments
filip.kabelis
Enthusiast

it's been 5 freakin years and this is still not implemented... what the  hell autodesk? it's essential for proper modelling using 3D views. 

why do I have to pay for some camillion plugin when it should be one of the essential tools? and please make it work in group mode also.

glennovits
Explorer

Now its 2021 and measure tool in 3D is still nowhere to be found? I'm sure Autodesk and the Revit dev team has a lot on their plates - but just wanted to check in and let you know that users still wants this feature 😉 

GGMSU
Contributor

@glennovits 

Now its 2021 and measure tool in 3D is still nowhere to be found? I'm sure Autodesk and the Revit dev team has a lot on their plates - but just wanted to check in and let you know that users still wants this feature 😉 

It's pretty sad.

filip.kabelis
Enthusiast
Neither in 2022, maybe in 2027?
admin47
Participant

This seems to be such a basic thing-why can't you sort it Autodesk?   The only solution seems to be to buy a plug in. If I did that every time I wanted a basic thing I would spend double on Revit that we already do. At nearly £3K a year it is cripplingly expensive as it is..

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our Revit Public Roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

paolomod3nese
Enthusiast
Hi. Try the plugin 3DMeasure for revit at camilion.eu
Teodor.Nilson
Explorer

Give us "measure in 3d" please! It should be as simple as pressing one key.

When I started using Revit the lack of this feature just blew my mind. I still can't wrap my head around that Autodesk built a 3D collaborative modelling environment without giving users the ability to check the relative position of objects in 3D space at a glance. I mean, Revit must know where the objects are already, right?

This functionality is super useful, not just for fluffy conceptual design modelling, but also for checking the location of 3D models from consultants which otherwise are more time consuming to get to display correctly in plan or section views.

paolomod3nese
Enthusiast
Hi!
You can download this plugin to measure in 3d and check coordinates which
will be free starting february!
www.camilion.eu/en/apps/3DMeasure
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
norbert_palumbo
Participant

Great idea!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators