Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Printing Sheets

Mass Printing Sheets

Anyone who has printed a 200-sheet project to PDF from Revit understands that printing each sheet individually takes FOREVER! There are many reasons we need sheets to be printed individually and it's not something we can work around by printing as one document (without equally as much work). A simple option when printing to PDF like "Select the following naming convention -or- rename each sheet individually" would be a WORLD of difference, especially on large projects. Here are some possible naming convention options:

Sheet Name_Sheet#_date of issue

Sheet Name_Sheet#  

Sheet Name

Sheet#

Numeric Order (1,2,3....)

Alphabetical Order (A,B,C....AA,BB,CC when exceeding 26 sheets)

Cheers,

-R.

3 Comments
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

I know this is not what yo're asking for, but we use a program called Advanced Renamer to post-process the PDF file names.

Once you've got some rules set up, it works in seconds.

mpwuzhere
Advisor

While it requires a separate subscription, I totally recommend X-Rev Transmit.  It will name all your exports, PDF, DWG, DWF, etc based on parameters set to your project and titleblocks.  

And yes, I know exactly what it is like to do this with 500+ sheets

RichConyers
Advocate

I'm aware of the third party programs to work around this issue.

The problem is it shouldn't be a work around! This is a very simple solution to a common, and long-lived, annoyance. 

We currently have a program to rename our PDF's but that means one more software to update, download, and teach.

Revit could do this natively, thus the idea post. 

Cheers,

-R.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report