Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map Design Options

map Design Options

It would be nice to be able to map Design Options from links (similar to Phase mapping).

The main issue is that in order to set the Design Option (DO), you have to uncheck "Include" for the entire links tab in the View Template (VT). For the main model DOs, you can uncheck just that and use one View Template for all DOs, but when there's a DO in the link, you have to make multiple View Templates (one for each option, which means editing multiple VTs any time you want to modify link graphics) OR uncheck it (which means editing multiple VIEWS any time you want to modify link graphics - a far worse option). So a helpful solution might be https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/view-template-include-subcomponent-from-other-template/id...

Another alternative would be to make separate "Include" checkboxes for each link graphics tab:

R2020 - separate View Template Link options mockup (highlighted).png

5 Comments
tomcannon
Advocate

It would be great to be able to select a link and change its design options types as instances (so that different variants can be shown within the same view). As well as this, having all of the different linked RVTs into schedules, and the schedules will also change accordingly for the design option types that are specified. 

Tags (5)
Viveka_CD
Autodesk Support

Posting this idea on behalf of @tomcannon

It would be great to be able to select a link and change its design options types as instances (so that different variants can be shown within the same view). As well as this, having all of the different linked RVTs into schedules, and the schedules will also change accordingly for the design option types that are specified. 

Thanks!

informatique
Contributor

This has been already discussed here :

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/choose-what-option-of-a-link-to-import-or-to-be-shown-in-...

But I really think we should ask to reconsider it.

The choice of the design option of a link should be set for the entire file maybe with the help of a global parameter.

If I want in every view of my project to set the design option A of my link of building Z I should be able to do it easily and not change it view by view.

Actually the work around is to set a special view template affecting only the links and apllying it to the views where we need to set the good design option. To work properly, if the views are also set with a nother view template, on this view templates, you need to unset the revit link settings to override those settings with your "special links" view template...

Is it Clear ???

ToanDN
Consultant

Not sure why a 2018 idea popped up on my notification but showing multiple design options from one linked model can already be done out of the box.  

jschwab_fsb-ae_com
Contributor

I am tired of manipulating Design Option FOR EACH LINK! Can we PLEASE have some way of controlling all linked models Design Options by Host Model.

So, here's my idea...Design Options should work exactly like Phase Mapping. Each phase is mapped based on the Type Properties of the linked model. Well, Design Options should do the same. If the Arch model has design option 1 then Elec and Mech and Plbg set up Design Option 1 and they are all equal when the view is displayed. This seems to be an easy fix for a future release. Let's make it happen!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report