Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Links: Automatic and Manual

Manage Links: Automatic and Manual

Dear Autodesk Team.

I would like to write in Vietnamese because my English is not enough for me to express my idea.  Sorry for this unconvenience.

Tôi muốn có một cải tiến nhỏ trong Panel Manage Links, việc cải tiến này thực sự cực kỳ cần thiết cho công việc làm Revit và BIM của tôi.

Mong muốn như thế này: Trong Panel Manage Links, có thêm một cột Action và có 02 lựa chọn:

1.  Automatic: Phần mềm Revit sẽ tự động chạy tìm File Link và đọc những thay đổi trong File Link.

2. Manual: Sau khi Link File vào, phần mềm sẽ không tự động cập nhật nữa, cho đến khi Reload Link hoặc đổi sang Automatic.

Lý do: Tôi làm một Project Chung cư, tôi tạo rất nhiều File Link từng phần của Model (Khoảng hơn 300 File). Sau đó tôi Link vào một File Model tổng để ráp toàn bộ Project rồi xuất Bản vẽ và khối lượng. Vấn đề là: File Model tổng rất nhẹ (Khoảng 40Mb) nhưng cực kỳ Lag và chậm.

Tôi đoán lý do là: Mỗi khi tôi làm một thao tác trên file Model tổng, Phần mềm Revit sẽ tự động chạy đi cập nhật hơn 300 File Link, đó là lý do mà dung lượng file rất nhẹ nhưng cực kỳ Lag và chậm.

Rất mong Autodesk Team lưu ý vấn đề này. 

Cám ơn rất nhiều!

Kts. Trần Trí Thông.

2 Comments
AGGilliam
Collaborator

@Thongrevit I can understand the difficulty in posting in a language you're not comfortable with, but I don't think the majority of people who come across this post will understand what this says. I would recommend at the very least putting your post through Google Translate before posting it. Here's what I got from translating this post:

Dear Autodesk Team.

I would like to write in Vietnamese because my English is not enough for me to express my idea.  Sorry for this unconvenience.

I want a small improvement in Panel Manage Links, this improvement is really essential for my Revit and BIM work. The desire is like this: In the Manage Links Panel, there is an Action column and there are two options:

1. Automatic: Revit software will automatically run to find the File Link and read the changes in the File Link.

2. Manual: After the Link File is entered, the software will not automatically update anymore, until Reload Link or change to Automatic.

Reason: I do an Apartment Project, I create a lot of File Links for each part of the Model (About more than 300 Files). Then I Link to a General Model File to assemble the entire Project and export the Drawings and Volumes. The problem is: The total File Model is very light (About 40Mb) but extremely Lag and slow.

I guess the reason is: Every time I do an operation on the Total Model file, Revit Software will automatically run to update more than 300 File Links, that's why the file size is very light but extremely Lag and slow.

Hope Autodesk Team takes note of this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Kts. Tran Tri Thong.

Thongrevit
Explorer

, thanks you so much. I have got it and will do the way you had given to me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report