Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making it possible to shape scopeboxes with drawing functions

Making it possible to shape scopeboxes with drawing functions

I would like to see that it's possible to define a building consisting of different components (wings) with scopeboxes . This is offcourse already possible, but scopeboxes are always square / rectangular / cube shaped. It would be nice if you could create Scope Boxes that exactly define the boundaries of a building. You get to see exactly the component in your view as it will look in reality. The moment a Scope box can be drawn with the exact boundaries of the specific part of de building it may also be possible to assign levels within these boundaries.

Example: A building has 3 building parts (blocks / wings). Two long rectangular wings (Building A and Building C) with external staircases. A and C are separated / connected by a square block / wing (Building B). So a U-shaped building in this case. Building components A & C both have a level 0, 1, 2 and 3 and basement level -1. Building part B has a basement that is -1050.0 mm below the level 0. Level = 0 is the height of the finished floor of Building Part A and C. The Ground Floor of Building Section B, Level 0 Building B finished floor has a height 2050.0 mm (-1050.0 mm + 3000.0 mm) above the Ground Floor of Building B. In this building the Ground Floor has two different Levels 0: Ground Floor A equals Ground Floor B, and Ground Floor B with a different height.

If the different Levels can have their own Associated Levels, then you could set up a Ground Floor for each separate building part without interupting eachother, it would be a lot faster and less error-prone when placing components in the model. When you can draw and assign scopeboxes with the exact boundaries of a building and you can set the right Levels on the exact height, you won't have to watch if the associated level of the placed component is correct and you won't have to (re)calculate the offset off components anymore. So, a scopebox with the possibility of setting it with exact boundaries (with line-function or pick line-function) would be very nice to have. In the example I talked about a very simple U-shaped building with different associated levels, in a more architectural cutomized building with different wings and differences in heights of the levels, it seems very usefull to me.

Maybe there already is a good solution for this challenge, maybe there are several, I don't know. If that's the case, please let me know! Questions, remarks and / or comments, ideas or suggestions: very welcome!

With kind regards, Bjorn Koolen

2 Comments
tariqallaham
Enthusiast
lionel.kai
Advisor

I'm not sure what you mean by "If the different Levels can have their own Associated Levels...", but the rest of this idea seems similar to Non-rectangular Scope Box

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators