Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the Yes/No more universal

Make the Yes/No more universal

I am using Revit to present all my projects in Swedish, which is where I am from.

When using the parameter Yes/No, it lets me use it as a tick box, selected or not selected.

When I present this parameter inside of a sheet it becomes either Yes or No.

Everything else I have is in Swedish except this, and I have no way of changing this. 

Why not let it be more universal language and just use a tick box also in Sheets. 

Inside of sheets:

robinVW982_0-1715062079466.png

Inside of schedules/quantaties:

robinVW982_1-1715062109373.png

5 Comments
MichaelWolff
Advisor

You can make your own (text) parameter and put a formula like "if(OriginalYesNoParameter,"ja","nej")" into it. Hide the OriginalYesNoParameter.

robinVW982
Contributor

@MichaelWolff , Trying to anwser your comment, but does not have a button for reply.

Thanks for your response. Yes, thats the usual with revit, always work arounds.

And if I want a box, ticked on or off? Like its shown in schedule.

MichaelWolff
Advisor

@robinVW982 The YesNo functionality should be more flexible. I did vote for your idea before commenting. As to the tick mark rather than spelled out yes or nay, you could still adopt the method and pick a font that has these marks in its letterset. Wingdings is still included in Windows. ¨þ will look like an empty box or a ticked one.

MichaelWolff_0-1715169624880.png

Mike.FORM
Collaborator

They really just need to implement a style drop down in the formatting tab that is visible only for yes/no parameters.

It could be similar to how form fields are for checkboxes. These are the ones in Bluebeam, but they could have more.

MikeFORM_0-1715199051091.png

robinVW982
Contributor

@Mike.FORM Yes, could work. Such simple improvements and yet takes the longest time to implement anything that should be a given. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators