Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Assemblies behave like Groups

Make Assemblies behave like Groups

Idea: Allow Revit Assemblies behave like groups, i.e. without creating a new type every time there is a change.

Current issue is metadata retention - Revit creates a new Assembly after the smallest change and all the existing type metadata is lost. Workflow becomes impossible to maintain.

1 Comment
marek.marszal
Explorer

I fully agree. It has a critical importance to maintain proper workflow when creating precast elements (columns, beams etc.) Every time when I have to add a new steel plate or accessory or bar to the existing assembly (let's name it B-1) Revit creates a new assembly type (B-2) and then I have to manually select the rest of assemblies (B-1) change them to B-2 and then change name of B-2 to B-1. It's highly unproductive and seems stupid even right now when I write it but every Revit user knows that this works that way. Simple solution would be to add a dialog window with 2 options: "Upgrade Existing Assemblies" and  "Create a new Assembly type". As simple as that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators