Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Fixture - Maintain annotation orientation

Light Fixture - Maintain annotation orientation

Please add maintain annotation orientation to light fixture family category. This has been asked for before by others and myself. I've been waiting years for this fix and I suspect this would not be a difficult change to make. It would make creating light fixture families so much easier. Right now if I want to have an annotation symbol to show a light fixture is wall mounted I need to create a face based family that is actually floor hosted and align to the wall so that an annotation symbol with show up instead of hosting to the wall so that I don't need to create the same fixture multiple times. The only other work around I know of is to created multiple detail items for the annotation symbol for each view scale which I don't feel is a reasonable workaround.

1 Comment
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Congrats! This Idea was Implemented in Revit 2022: https://blogs.autodesk.com/revit/2021/04/15/whats-new-for-mep-in-revit-2022/

-The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report