Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcut for locking elements/dimensions

Keyboard shortcut for locking elements/dimensions

Please give us a keyboard shortcut option for locking dimensions and alignments. I am exhausted by having to find the lock icon and click it, which is sometimes flying far away from the model elements I'm trying to lock.

This will be ESPECIALLY helpful if we use the Pick line command, tab to select a chain of lines, execute, and then hit one key to lock all of them.

4 Comments
matt
Advocate

Additionally, this would be great because we can use the "Select All Instances" command for all the dimensions on a page and then hit the hotkey to lock them all. 

A dialog could pop up if one of the selected dimensions would cause it to over-constrain.

Better yet, a solver could be attached to the dialog that would help the user which dimension is unecessary aka over-constraining.

tim.verstappen
Explorer

Big up!

This would be extremly usefull. As a drawing office that needs to integrate and re-use different parties drawings, this would mean a lot.

MAKE IT SO - CAPT PICARD

brettQWJQ5
Explorer
Copied from:
casquatch‎10-07-2016 10:46 AM  Status: ARCHIVED

I would like to re-request this feature.

"My initial thought is to just have Spacebar be the toggle for locking a newly aligned, constrained element within the Family Editor. It could be any shortcut, if there was an option within the keyboard shortcuts for it.

For example:

I align a line to a reference plane, the lock shows up, I hit spacebar. Done.

When you have a lot of constraints to add, it's a pain to lock everything with the mouse. If there was a keyboard shortcut option, that would be great!"

Some further discussion and clarification:

"The problem would be when there are multiple locks, such as when you draw a line - 2 or 3 locks show up. Which one would the space toggle?"

casquatch
"It would probably be all or nothing. Most of the time I get multiple toggles, I don't trust that they are locking where I want them anyway, so I'd rather just ignore those and go back to align/lock to the workplanes. That way I know for sure what I'm constraining to."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report