Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Joining stairs and ramps to adjacent elements

by Explorer a.hays on ‎04-21-2017 02:26 AM

Allow stairs and ramps to join with floors and walls, so elements read correct in views without having to manually hide lines.

When modelling stairs you want to model the element as it would be typically constructed i.e. with a stair tread continuing up to the floor surface. The result of this however is that when viewed in plan the stair looks like it has an additional riser where it meet the floor. With out elements typically this would be removed by joining the elements, however with stairs and ramps this is not possible to join.

Comments
By: Participant christiaan
| Posted ‎04-21-2017 08:29 AM

As far as I know, you can join a stair (by component) with a floor. In a section this produces the correct representation of a notch connection. However, where the top of a notch is in fact part of the upper tread, in a floor plan the notch is withdrawn from the tread depth. It is one of the weird situations where Revit does not show what you would expect based on view properties and geometry. I would really like to see that changed!

By: Advocate pieter
| Posted ‎04-25-2017 05:40 AM

I have to agree with Christiaan. We need better joining behavior between floors and stairs (especially with precast notch connections). Also, we want to join a stair with a landing of another stair (again, with the proper notch connections).

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube