Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join Geometry for all categories.

Join Geometry for all categories.

All categories (such as casework, specialty equipment) should have the option to join.  There are too many work arounds forcing the generic model category the only choice based on functionality requirements.  This can work, but doesnt schedule properly always and creates the need for many more sub categories. 

6 Comments
pieter1
Advisor

I would need it most for casework. 

Caed9
Advocate

This Idea should receive more votes, I also need it for casework.. 

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @bimovation ,  @Caed9 , @pieter1 ,

While we can't mark this entire Idea as "Accepted", I can say that the casework joins have been "Accepted". 😀

It's a start!

-Kimberly

pieter1
Advisor

Great news!

bimovation
Contributor

Thanks @kimberly.fuhrman!!!

ramon_pose
Contributor

to join families should be possible as well for the categories "speciality equipment" and "foodservice":

ramonpose_0-1675326699988.png

if the worktop of a counter and the backsplash is fabricated as one piece depends of the material (marble, stainless, etc.). but because of the complexity of the families and the sctrucutural situation (cutouts) it is more suitable to model the worktop and the backsplash separeted an join them if optical nessescary.

in this example the worktop and backsplash with radius shows edges becouse its not possible to join the separeted families. in fact there is no edge and the countertop and backsplash should look like a smooth surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report