Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click option to "Show View in Browser"

Right click option to "Show View in Browser"

While working in a View or when a view is selected on a sheet, have a right click menu item to "Show in Browser" - this would expand the project browser and highlight the selected view. Very useful when your project has 1000's of views and hundreds of sheets and quicker that copying the name and doing a search in the project browser. 

51 Comments
plarmindo
Participant

Create a new function on the right click menu that opens and select in the Project Browser a view that you are working on.

Tags (1)
Kimtaurus
Advisor

Nog quite sure what you're asking for, but doesn't this exist already. Right-click on a view in the Project Browser and select "Open" opens that view.

hlammerts
Advocate

The browser can have very many views. Give user feedback which views are opened if it would Italic in project browser. It would really help putting sheets together. Now i have to go by name, it would if somehow graphics in Revit would help users what views are opened in the list. Or maybe a category 'opened views' that would stand out. Not sure if anybody had this idea before me. Kind regards hans

Kevin.Bell
Advisor

Ok, so you have a view open (probably created by a section, or call out), and in the Browser there are 100s of views and sheets.

I'd like a option in the Project Browser menu (or a button) to select the open view in the browser.

I create sections all the time, and it once created I have to spend time scrolling through the Browser to find the section in order to rename or use it.

A simple menu item or button would be great!

Thanks.

Kevin.Bell
Advisor

That idea is to hightlight currently open views (which is a great idea too).

I'm looking for a button or menu option which will find the current one.

ENERTEK.vbl
Enthusiast

Yes, what I'm saying is that both should be added. 😉

In creating views and dragging them onto the sheets.  When we have a big project and whenever we select a view or open a view from the section symbol, the project browser will expand (if it's collapsed) and show that view (in bold) so we can easily identify the view that needs to be dragged onto the sheets.  At present, it does bold the view, but we need also need it to jump to whichever view is currently selected in the main working screen.  Otherwise, we have to scan up and down to see a view that's in bold.  Ideally, if we can highlight it, that would help greatly too.

Tags (1)
filipefrancisco
Collaborator

Voted Smiley Wink great ideia

smharch
Advocate

Simple but effective one. If I have a view open I would like to be able to right click (somewhere in the view) and select locate in project browser. It could even have a pull out for view or sheet. This would save a lot of time when trying to populate sheets or figure out what sheet someone placed your view on. 

Kevin.Bell
Advisor

Simple: It would be great to have a button in the Project Browser to locate the current open view that the user is using.

Too often the user has to scroll through the Browser trying to find the view that they have open... the only way to find it is to match the name of the view or look for the bold text - which can take a while if the browser has loads of views...

Furquan_A
Contributor

I don't think is required Any Button! Peoples they don't use Regularly Finding View name. Might be Some Times

Instead of Button Find in Project Browser Pressing Keys "Ctrl F" and Enter name of Current View Or (Copy from Properties Toolbar) and paste it ere 321.PNG  I Hope

Kevin.Bell
Advisor

Yea, I know you can do that, but its way too many steps, I'm looking for a simple button which would immediately locate the current view in the browser - something that would take no time at all to press and find...

Furquan_A
Contributor

Yes Kevin I noticed my self I was spending more time to doing that it will great to find that view in project browser

Like switch Window or close hidden Window like that

Go to Current View.PNG

PeterH
Participant

Agreed, a shortcut key would be very helpful as well.  Ctrl+J for jump, etc..

Basam.Yousif
Advisor
Add an option to the right click menu to Highlight the view in Project Browser. Some of us are spnd a lot of times sometimes to find a view in the PB. This should help 🙂
Tags (1)
Basam.Yousif
Advisor
You can always rename the view you're in by looking at its properties window. Finding it in PB is not the only way to rename a view. If I may also suggest, you can add a searchable text string (like your own initials) to your view names so you use the Search tool to find them.
SSampoux
Enthusiast

This would be incredibly handy for larger projects where the browser is sorted/grouped by multiple parameters. Starting from the sheet, finding a view would no longer require to look at all of the view's parameters to find it.

Currently, I perform a search of the view name within the browser, which works, but it's not ideal.

adeluceasi
Participant

Apply a background highlight to the current View you are in as well as the entire hierarchy of the View in order to more quickly find it in the Project Browser. This is similar to other suggestions in the ideas forum.

Tags (1)
Gangula2
Advocate

Along with that, they can also highlight the View group & View subgroup in bold/different color, so that it'll be easier for the users to identify it even when the view group is collapsed.

PeterH
Participant

Allow hotkey to jump to/highlight the current sheet/view in the project browser, so I don't have to scroll/search for it.  Helpful when you have a callout view open and you want to quickly locate it to drag onto a sheet, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report