Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramps

Ramps

Ramps options needs some adjustments:

1- ability to join with other elements - floor and walls

2- ability to edit structure of the ramp like the one done in floors 

3- ability to spot slope in plan in section which is the most important.

6 Comments
NeginGHShir
Advocate

I really think that we need to have the opportunity to add layers to the ramps. there should be a finish layer that be separated from the structure and get different material. For now on to access this we should draw the ramp with floor instead and work with modify sub elements to reach the layers and slop.

tomek
Collaborator

Ramps are really just a special case of stairs. I think that ramps and stairs should be merged into one tool with a choice when sketching whether it's going to be a ramp or a staircase. The there won't be two different tools to maintain and worry about their idiosyncrasies.

-t

A.Sobhy
Contributor

Hi

actually im wondering that until now, revit is not able to provide finishing layers for the ramps, since it is must to enhance the connections and joints between the ramps and the floors in the model, in order also to use it in the detailed drawings. 

so, i hope it is possible to be updated in the new revit versions, and i hope it can help.

many thanks

regards,

germanperales
Advocate

Ramps are lacking better up and down annotations too, more consistent with usual architecture drawings.

There should be the option to see ramps being cutted in plan views too.

Meelis123
Enthusiast

I have a better suggestion - Autodesk, please delete this utterly useless tool if do not plan to fix it. I have used Revit since version 2008 and ramp tool has seen no improvements at all. None. The tool does not even do what it is supposed to do (path/arrow visibility). I have been Autodesk Certified Instructor for 6 years and when people are asking me about the ramp tool I have to tell them to completely forget it. It's just plain embarracing.

Jaser.M
Contributor
you're right .. AUTODESK needs to improve the ramp options

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report