Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search & filter print/export dialogues

Search & filter print/export dialogues

The search function has been a huge success for the Type Selector..

Please add this function to the print and export dialogues.

Where there are many sheets & views it would be great if we could search for particular text.
Ie. We use A00, TP00 and SK00 for our sheet numbers. To search the list for only A series sheets would be very helpful.

Creating print sets can be quite frustrating as sheets are added after creating the set. Can we create a set based on a filter?
Ie. Filter based on sheets beginning with A.. and/or filters would also be required.

Please consider adding the search function to any dialogue which involves long lists of families/views/sheets.

Thanks
9 Comments
AnthonyViscusi
Advocate

I want to be able to filter by ANY of the sheet criteria, similar to how the regular schedules work in Revit.  Add that functionality to the Sheet Set dialog please.  

As an example, we are looking to print only the sheets from the most recent revision.  I can easily make this list in a schedule view by adding a filter on Current Revision.  This will return the current revisions sheets. But then in order to actually print these, I have to manually go through the Sheet Set dialog to turn off and on the appropriate sheets.

DhananjayaGR
Participant

It is really difficult to create Sheet Set in Revit, especially when sheets are more. Please update the UI to create Sheet Set. Please add filter option (like in schedule), so that we can filter the sheets by some parameters like Discipline, Area Code, Current Revision Date, Key Plans, Stamp, Building Name (includes shared parameters). This will help us to create the Sheet List faster.

Tags (3)
samuelsanf
Advisor
I agre, and other thing is let's us rearrange sheet's plot order when printing multiple sheets or a set.
punith.c.srb
Observer

Useful when sheets are more and more disciplines are involved...We can also group like sections, elevations, floor plans, beam layout, RC details etc. (after adding a shared parameter 'sheet type' for sheets).

punith.c.srb
Observer
Saves lots of time...!
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Piling on:

I have a request elsewhere to include a "Show only Checked" button to the Plot Selected dialog.

It's VERY difficult to QA your set when you have 30 Sheets checked scattered amongst the long list of 200 in the entire project.

jkidder
Collaborator

It would be very handy if we could do something like reference a schedule and print those sheets, in the specified order!  I always have to reprint for rouge sheets that get added after the print set is created but before the final print.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report