Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Assemblies

Improve Assemblies

Hi!

Assemblies are very useful for details, but the workflow is still a little tricky. Suggestions:

1) Remove the green overlay. This overlay, instead of helping, confuses us. Just put the rest of the model in Halftone, just like when editing a group. (or at least give us the option to deactivate this)

2) When creating an Assembly by selecting a Family that has nested families, it only includes the mother family in the Assembly. Please, include everything by default and let us remove nested families if we want.

3) Allow us to filter and sort Assemblies in the Project Browser, just like we can do with Views and Schedules, because sometimes we have tens or hundreds of them.

4) Put the Assemblies in a higher position in the Project Browser. Assemblies are essentially groups of views, so it should be right under Views, or somewhere close.

Ideally, we should be able to organise the items in the Project Browser as we want. Just create a drag-and-drop option to reposition them...

OR

If you are already implementing the Tabs in the Project Browser, please allow us to reorder the Tabs.

Cheers! 😃

2 Comments
dbobber
Advocate

Large reason why we switched to model groups .. assemblies were just a pain. That's just the beginning.. 

Evalucia
Enthusiast

Hi!

Concerning #2, Revit is already non conssistent.

When I create an assembly with a family countaining nested families, the nested families are not automatically added in the assembly.

But for my collegue, who do exactly the same thing and in the same Revit version, every nested families is added automatically.

I would prefer to have a choice between include nested families or not, instead of automatically adding them everytime.

I would also like to add 2 suggestions :

1) Ask before creating an other type.

If we make a change to an assembly, we want every other instance to be changed, not create an other type.

In our case, using model groups, instead of assembly, was not usefull. It's super bugged and often times instances of the same group are broken.

2) We should be able to use every tools while annotating assembly views.

Not bein able to use align, or place reference line, or edit a dimension is cumbersome. 

This tool could be helping, but it's a pain right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators