Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

It would be quite useful if the print window is redesigned to concentrate all the print setup in just one window, instead of having to click in Setup button every time we need to change paper size, color, etc...

Even in Autocad it works much better than Revit...

Highlighting different Sites in the Location dialog should immediately show the 'angle from project north to true north' for that particular highlighted site.

An additional text field should be added that shows the the X, Y and Z transform for each named Site. It does not necessarily need to be editable, but would be highly useful as a review tool.

currentLocation.png

Temporarily Unlock 3D View

by Advocate on ‎04-23-2017 05:59 PM

The ability to lock 3D views is very useful, but once unlocked you can only get the camera back if you remember to immediately Rewind...

It would be more useful to have a 'Temporarily Unlock 3D View' view state, that allows navigation to occur, but the locked 3D view state can be restored at any time.

You're working within the sheet (activate the view) and edit a family. You make changes and load back in. Revit either creates an unwanted duplicate sheet view and tells you that you can't place it in that view or it goes to some unwanted view (where, again, you can't place the family). Why can't it just take you back to where you were last in the project?

Add Curtain wall in the Legend view

by Advisor gh_ar on ‎04-23-2017 11:25 AM

Hello

Add Curtain wall in the Legend view.

Add Cutome Scale

by Advisor gh_ar on ‎04-23-2017 08:12 AM

hello

Add Cutome Scale in Line Weights dialog.

0 Kudos

mostly what happens is that when we used to draw stairs or wall ,if lines area  overlapped  then there is a message TIN TIN !  error , rather than showing errors, the stairs or wall can be formed with the overlapped line OR should there be any command which delete the overlapped line automatically and prevents any warning and initiate the formation.

I would like to be able to use the editfamily command (in the API) to open and activate a family that only exists within a project. At present the family can only be activated if it is first saved to disk and then the file opened.

Since loaded families have the load path saved with them this can cause issues, and unnecessary decisions to be made, when all you want is for a result equivalent to using "Edit Family" via the User Interface.

0 Kudos

Select by Model Pattern on surface

by Advisor gh_ar on ‎04-22-2017 01:15 PM

hello and thank you

When used in the model pattern Placing mouse is on surface element, and the selection is highlighted. And means select by face do not have much affects

Except to zoom in large. This carry out the project Cause is unintentional errors.

http://autode.sk/2pRt41L

Inserting Families

by Explorer mailericroy on ‎04-22-2017 06:59 AM

Hi,

I would like to see if it's possible to change the family library "folder" structure into a " folder tree" structure. Doing this change would allow the user to select families from different categories and import them all in a single click.

I also think it would be great to be able to easily remove unwanted families form the main family selection window pane.

Thank you 

Skirting and crowd moldings tool

by New Member ElLoponen on ‎04-22-2017 12:12 AM

Please make profile attachment also to floor tool and ceiling tool (Similar as roof tools soffits, fascia and cutter). By this tool you can make skirtings, crown moldings and stuff, easier to models. Also some kind of floor tops tool might be good to make surfaces of the floor

Improve Override Graphics

by Explorer 0q02340 on ‎04-21-2017 08:02 PM

Please improve override graphics for objects in views:

1. Ability to match overriden properties for other objects;
  2. Ability to mantain overriden objects when duplicating a view;
  3. A button to show/evidence witch objects are overriden.

Everyone around the world uses their own system of parameters and subcategories, in their own language and units. I'm happy to see that a lot of them is willing to share their home made families on platforms like Revitcity. Also, some partners and resellers like to share components that can be very useful. However, as soon as I import a 3rd party family, my project gets cluttered with parameters, subcategories (and more) used only in that particular family.

That makes it hard to select the correct parameter to schedule, to find the correct line type to draw with, etcetera.

Wouldn't it be nice if Revit asks the use whether he/she would like to map all the parameters in the family to shared or project parameters of your choice?

Revit could of course remember those mappings, based on the GUID (if it's a shared parameter) of the name, so on a next import of a 3rd party family Revit would make some suggestions to speed things up a little.

The same goes for fill patterns, line types, and all other garbage that come along with the import of families.

0 Kudos

Equipment Reference

by Explorer jondan on ‎04-21-2017 03:19 PM

This could be useful for plumbing and mechanical items as well, but specifically for electrical having the ability to have a list of equipment to select from, and then place information from that equipment elsewhere in the project. This would effectively work how View References work (I love them), but for equipment. We could then customize the reference family to include whatever specific electrical information we'd desire, depending on where we're using the reference.

Until we get a proper riser/one-line option, we could at least use this to draw "dumb" boxes for one-lines with information directly from the equipment we are placing in the project. Want to change a panel from 200A to 400A later? Not only will your panel schedule change, but your one-line will correct also.

Right now, the only way I've come even close to having a proper riser/one-line built within Revit is by creating sections and cropping the views to only include the equipment, and using a custom tag to display the desired electrical specifications. This becomes problematic both in setup time, as well as if the equipment ever relocates. Something has to be done to make use of all the electrical information we give our equipment within the program.

0 Kudos

like the concept of loft in AutoCAD I would like to suggest to add multiple profile at Swept blend.

Collapse Project Browser

by Enthusiast beacharchitect on ‎04-21-2017 10:54 AM

Would love to be able to collapse the project browser all at once rather than having to close each category one by one.

0 Kudos

"Custom view properties window"(filtered)  and create multiple properties windows.

Filter properties and groups to be visible in a given property window, and save the layouts similar to how Adobe manages its tools and stores 'workspaces' or collections of these views and layouts.

This would allow filtering or breakouts of properties to isolate at different phases of projects.

There are 6 types of schedules (schedule/quantities, graphical column, material takeoff, sheet, note block and views) I'd like to be able to group by those names.  I don't know what that would be called, by type? By schedule category?

Now with these different "types / category" grouped, I could see me wanting different secondary groupings.  Schedule/Quantities -> By Category, that makes sense. Material Takeoff -> Material name? Sheet List and Views could just be by name, I have fewer of those.  Or give access to project parameters to make everything custom based on our imagination.

IT and AV

by Observer JLevija on ‎04-21-2017 08:45 AM

I work for Henneman Engineering where we are an MEP firm that also does IT and AV work. Things we would like to see in future updates or versions would be:

• The ability to create families with a higher level of detail and not be confined to the 3/32 constraint.
  • We would also like more categories for AV families so we do not have to include those families on the IT floor plans and hide them all the time or adjust work sets and filters.
  • It would be nice if Revit drafting view was more like model view in AutoCAD especially with shortcut key commands. 
  • Also, some generic families for IT and AV would be welcomed
  • We would like a there to be an easier way to drawing up Signal flow diagrams and riser diagrams. Detail groups work but the amount of them grows quickly on a large conference room or Emergency Operations Center where we have a lot of systems working together. 
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube