Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Multiple Selections

by Mentor on ‎05-10-2016 11:55 PM

In many areas of Revit multiple selections does not work, for example deleting multiple filters. Also in schedules selecting muitiple cells and enter a value for all the selected cells will be welcome.

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

Auto-Spell Check

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-10-2016 05:34 PM

Revit should underline, with a red squiggly line, misspelled words. Instead of having to click “Check Spelling” in each view. 

We've completed our review of this idea. After investigating the effort required to implement this request, we unable to add it to our roadmap at this time due to other priorities. However, we think this is a great idea so we will reconsider it as we made adjustments to our roadmap in the future. Thanks for the submission and keep voting!

The Factory

Sample Paint Command

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-10-2016 05:30 PM

Revit should have a "Sample Paint" command under the current "Paint" tool, like SketchUp has. So all you have to do is select a finish to make it the current paint color, instead of scrolling through all the materials to find the one you need.

Sections in Model In-Place Family

by Advocate jrfrost on ‎05-10-2016 04:24 PM

You should be able to cut sections and adjust crop regions while editing an "In-Place Family." If I create a model in-place sweep and forgot to create a section before I create the in-place family, then I have to exit out of the in-place family and then cut a section; same with adjusting the view crop region size.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Coloring the rows in list views

by Explorer yurttakal on ‎05-10-2016 06:46 AM

In list views; we need some rows to be shown in color in order to differentiate some materials from one another; for example in door schedule to be able to tell wood doors from cubicle doors and such. But when the row is selected, ‘Appearance’ tab is not active and row can not be colored.

We wish color the rows by using ‘Appearance’ tab and ‘Shading’ command.

Combo box for parameter attributes

by Explorer mweinholzer on ‎05-09-2016 05:32 AM - last edited on ‎09-02-2016 10:20 AM |

I know there is a workaround for combo boxes within parameters of objects. But in my opinion this is not a good solution (see attached screenshot). The more "values" you have created in the same family type the longer the list will be! We need the possibilty to define parameters and their values within combo boxes. So the the user can choose between some given values.

This is especially important for data exchange and mapping of attributes. When you have 10 users creating a model you will get at least 5 different names for the same attribute!

So vote for ComboBox-Parameter to solve this issue.

Regards,

Michael

09-05-2016%2014-29-42

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

Workflow Memento to Revit software.

by Employee on ‎05-09-2016 04:38 AM

Hi,

Currentely, it is imposible to import meshes from Memnto to Revit.

Why to import meshes int Revit ? See three raisons below :

1- when you will try to make a rendering on points cloud ==> the points cloud disappears,

2- you can't have shadow on on points cloud,

3- in perspective view, you can see through  points cloud,

Full explanation : 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/memento-general-discussion/workflow-memento-to-revit-software/m-p/6295...

An idea : could be possible to implement  import FBX format capability for Revit  for instance !

Olivier

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Revit - Family Type as Modeless Window

by Advocate michael_coffey on ‎05-05-2016 05:35 AM - last edited on ‎06-21-2016 08:16 AM |

It would be helpful to make the Family Types window modeless while editing a family.  Having the window open all the time would allow flex testing to be done more easily.  I find myself constantly opening and closing it to make adjustments to a family.

Use Spacebar to Flip Shared Nested Components

by Advocate matt on ‎04-29-2016 09:23 AM - last edited on ‎08-04-2016 01:30 PM |

We can use the spacebar currently to flip objects in the project environment. Let us use it with more granularity in our shared nested components to flip independently within the parent family.

Revit - Auto Unpin When Matching Mullions/Panels

by Advocate michael_coffey on ‎04-27-2016 08:11 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:49 PM |

When working on curtainwalls, it would be useful to be able to 'auto unpin' dependent mullion and panel types while using the Match Type properties tool.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it. Please feel free to rework and resubmit this one down the road.

0 Kudos

Leaders - LW control

by Participant islay_burgess on ‎04-26-2016 07:18 AM - last edited on ‎08-04-2016 01:24 PM |

Ability to control Leader wrights independantly of the overall category setting, subcategory swtting for leaders. 

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it. Please feel free to rework and resubmit this one down the road.

Revit - Duplicate Drafting Views as Dependent

by Participant islay_burgess on ‎04-25-2016 02:22 PM - last edited on ‎08-04-2016 01:27 PM |

For projects with mulitple packages in one building the ability to duplicate details in drafting views as dependant. 

Revit - Design Opt

by Participant islay_burgess on ‎04-25-2016 02:20 PM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:49 PM |

Ability to move an element that is already in 1 design option into another 1 without needing to add to the main model first.

0 Kudos

Revit - Revisions

by Participant islay_burgess on ‎04-25-2016 02:17 PM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:51 PM |

Add the ability to rename the column headers in the Reviions Schedule in a Title Block

As mentioned above, this is possible do to. Closing this Idea..

Documentation Control - Revision Clouds and Annotation

by Participant islay_burgess on ‎04-25-2016 02:14 PM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:52 PM |

Add the ability to have multiple Types of Revision clouds, so there could be one set for client submissions and another for those going to the building department. 

Also a way organize and control test for the client/DOB differences too. Something like a Workset for annotation. 

Revit - Angled Corner Mullion for Curtain Walls and Systems

by Advocate michael_coffey on ‎04-21-2016 11:46 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:52 PM |

We need the most commonly used corner mullion condition that occurs in buildings which is a mullion that is angled at the corner.  This mullion will be set at 45 degrees to the corner at a 90 degree outside corner and at 135 degrees to the corner at 90 degree inside corner.  This mullion should be adaptable to other wall corner angles.  Please see attached image.

Keyboard shorcut for locking elements/dimensions

by Advocate matt on ‎04-21-2016 09:43 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:53 PM |

Please give us a keyboard shortcut option for locking dimensions and alignments. I am exhausted by having to find the lock icon and click it, which is sometimes flying far away from the model elements I'm trying to lock.

This will be ESPECIALLY helpful if we use the Pick line command, tab to select a chain of lines, execute, and then hit one key to lock all of them.

Notching and Coping for Mullions

by Advocate matt on ‎04-20-2016 09:52 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:54 PM |

Simple. Give us more options to how a horizontal mullion can join to a vertical mullion.

Revit 2017 Schedule View Template

by Advocate TFuller1980 on ‎04-20-2016 06:25 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:55 PM |

I'm really impressed by the new schedule view templates. I turned my entire external project of reusable schedules into view templates and stored those in my new 2017 template file. Brilliant. 

I do have a suggestion though. When I modify the view template, the width of the columns returns back to a default state. I had placed the schedule on a sheet and adjusted the column width to avoid text wrapping, but then it reverts back to the smaller column widths when I reapply the view template.

Either the column width needs to be ignored by the view template, or we need a better WYSIWYG schedule editor that ties together the placed schedule and the schedule editor. 

Revit - Schedule Header Remain Visible Option

by Advocate michael_coffey on ‎04-18-2016 10:28 AM - last edited on ‎08-25-2016 12:56 PM |

Please allow an option to keep the Headers in a schedule visible while scrolling down a list.  In a schedule with many items, it is sometimes necessary to see what the column is referring to without having to scroll back to the top of the list.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube