Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Text Alignment

by Enthusiast rallanPJV59 on ‎03-07-2017 08:31 AM

Currently, when writing big blocks of text that have tab indents and bullet points, the text seems to shift as you go to re-edit the block. This then means I need to go back through the big wall of text, and realign everything to how it was before because Revit seems to shift everything around. In AutoCAD, this doesnt happen. No matter what zoom you are, the text alignment will always remain the same.

This bad text functionality in Revit has costed me tons of time, as we have text blocks in our template that need editing for each project (specifications template sheet that gets information taken away from it for each project depending on what that project uses).

Essentially, I'd like Revit's text functionality to improve so that the text doesnt shift every time you go to edit it.

Hi @rallanPJV59, you'll be happy to know that the issue you describe was fixed in the updated text editor in Revit 2017. Please see the what's new article.

Dynamo Script Run Buttons

by Collaborator Hugh_Compton on ‎05-17-2016 02:18 PM - last edited on ‎11-22-2016 12:01 PM |

Allow Dynamo to have it's scripts run from simple buttons that the user can add to the ribbon (without the need to open Dynamo)

We are excited to announce the Dynamo Player available in the 2017.1 release.  If any part of this idea is not covered with the Dynamo player - please create another idea and start voting. :)

-The Factory 

Nearly every spreadsheet program, even the free ones, allow the user to change the cell height and font size so that it is easier for the user to read the text they are trying to edit. The Revit schedule editor window should have allowed user adjustment of the cell height and font size many versions ago. Many users don't want all their text in every menu and window to be large but when it comes to editing a schedule it would make it much much easer and less prone to error to be able to bump the text size up and bump up the cell height so that there is more space between lines of text.  The way it is now is a super eye strain.  It seems like it would be really easy to add an editing font size and editing cell height parameter to the System Family: Schedule.  As it is now the inablity to scale the schedule editor makes working on a 4k screen difficult but possible and working on a 5k screen impossible.  This one little fix would really improve Revit on a high resolution screen. Even this little rich text editor allows an increase in font size. It's time for the Revit schedule editor to catch up with the times.

We are pleased to announce that this idea to support 4k monitors in schedules has been implemented in our 2017.1 release.  If there are any aspects of this idea that are not in 2017.1, please submit another idea to capture what may be missing and start voting.  

-The Factory

Linework in perspective view

by Advocate Yien_Chao on ‎01-15-2017 05:22 PM

this tool is should works in perspective too!

Issue:

The AEC Collection package currently include the full version of Revit. However, when requesting previous versions you're forced to use the Verticals (Revit Arch 2016, MEP 2016, & Struct 2016) instead of full Revit 2016.

Suggested Solution:

Have access to previous versions of Full Revit instead of verticals.

This idea has been implemented!

Please see more details in this Revit community thread.

Editing text in Revit 2017

by Explorer michelsakal on ‎05-19-2016 04:27 AM

This was supposed to be enhance for Revit 2017. Instead it is a disaster. Congratulations Autodesk, you have created the worlds only text editor where the cursor remains static and the only way to edit a note reliably is to re-write it completely. What were you thinking. Please fix this, most urgent.

This bug was fixed in Revit 2017 Service Pack 1. As such, I'm marking this idea as implemented.

Superscript and Subscript Text in Revit

by Advocate TFuller1980 on ‎06-26-2015 01:12 PM

The text editor is plagued with a lot of issues and I know a more advanced Revit text editor has been requested repeatedly over the years. To add to this, I'd like to see superscript and subscript options in Revit text as well. 

Thanks for submitting your idea. As this capability is available for Text Notes in Revit 2017, I'm marking this idea as Implemented.

Rich Text editor

by Enthusiast MichaelRensing on ‎05-11-2016 06:03 PM
Text support is poor. Remove it from the family idea and implement an actually text editor.

Marking this as implemented - a new text editor was added in Revit 2017. If there's something missing, please suggest and vote on ideas for further improvements.

Every other 3D product that I am familiar with allows by default to view and edit all models in perspective mode. Revit's parallel projection is a real throwback to some ancient era. Please bring Revit into the 21st (or even just the 20th) century and let those of us who are highly visual and need to see things as they might actually appear to edit our models in perspective view.

And I don't mean just a few operations here and there as they are supported now. I would like to be able to always work in perspective mode and only switch to parallel when the need arises due to visual ambiguity or some other impairment caused by perspective display of elements.

This is my all time top wish for Revit.

We are pleased to announce that we have added the ability to fully model and modify elements in perspective views in our 2017.1 release.  If any part of this idea is not available in 2017.1, please create a new idea and start voting. :)

-The Factory

Footing Schedule-thickness shared parameter

by Advocate SeanSpence on ‎04-15-2015 10:59 AM - last edited on ‎12-05-2016 12:41 PM |

There is a previous post regarding how to work around the OTB rectangular footing family not scheduling the thickness.

This is a really easy fix for the next release of Revit. Change the existing parameter in the family to be shared.

Its been broken since I started using revit in RS4. Its never been fixed (as of Revit 2015). As such, the OTB family is never used.

5 minutes and any revit user on autodesks staff could fix it.

Cheers

0 Kudos

DWG export allow double lines

by Participant rholzer on ‎09-28-2016 02:19 AM

Adding of an option to allow superimposed lines in export

Unfortunately an enormous data loss is caused by the reduction to visible layers.

For reinforcement exchange areas lying below are required or are directly adopted to be able to illustrate reinforcement.

For dissemination to third designers (subsections, facade designers, plumbers….)

deactivate reduction to printable lines

e.g. in Export Setup Tab  / General at the item Default export options

Checkbox: export Double Lines

BR René

The setting was added to Revit in 2015 R2 release. Marking as implemented.

0 Kudos

Surface Fix

by Observer KSNisDBOM4JC on ‎08-20-2016 12:30 PM

I am an Interior Designer/Architect and I use The Surface Book by Microsoft. Your Software is amazing and for class projects it totally rocks. While there are already slight fixes to getting the soft ware to work well on the SurfaceBook I think you guys should look into be able to make Revit work Seamlessly on higher scales such as a 200% scale.

Marking as implemented. High-DPI support is available starting with the 2017.1 release. Thanks for submitting your idea!

0 Kudos

Allow C4R seats to be managed by more than one person

by Advocate jkidder on ‎07-26-2016 08:00 AM - last edited on ‎02-22-2017 10:19 AM |

This isn't strictly Revit related, but cloud services didn't seem to have an equivalent Ideas forum.  Compared to other Autodesk programs C4R requires more management because the licences don't spool from a server. For this reason it would be helpful to be able to assign several people to manage assignments of C4R and Team seats, so that if one person is unavailable other people may be able to shift seats as needed. The easiest way to do it would be to assign a backup software coordinator.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube