Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

2D PDF printing support

by Advocate dplumb on ‎05-13-2016 07:24 AM - last edited on ‎09-02-2016 10:51 AM |

Not exactly an original idea, but provide a built-in PDF printer

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.  Please note that we are considering this idea to be the "Provide a built-in PDF printer" and will consider linking PDF separately.

The Factory

Get Rid of "Too Small On Screen" when moving something

by Mentor on ‎07-21-2016 08:27 AM - last edited on ‎09-02-2016 10:32 AM |

I can understand not letting me DRAW a new object that is below a certain threshold.  But WHY-OH-WHY do you make it so that I can't MOVE something a minute distance?

Because of this limitation, I usually end up moving my object well outside of the range and then move it to where I REALLY want it. 

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.  

The Factory

Family Browser

by Advocate bosborne on ‎05-13-2016 06:14 AM

http://www.kiwicodes.com/products/14-family-browser.html

Remove Families from Project Browser.  Provide new Family Browser.  nuff said...

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.

The Factory

Currently, there is no easy way to access the geometry of a room with its openings. It would be very helpful to have one.

The Factory

Make all dialog boxes resizeable

by Contributor zdjapjas on ‎11-04-2016 06:24 AM

Is is very annoying that some dialog boxes cannot be resized and appear as “always too small”. Please make all dialog boxes which contain any sort of list or item-tree resizeable.

One of the prime examples is the Transfer Project Standards dialog. It is very small but shows a very long list. Navigating that is unnecessary cumbersome.

dialog boxes resize.PNG

The Factory

As Advised @RTCEUR 2016 and Noted at Revit API session. I was asked to submit Revit Idea under Revit API.

wish list item CF-3558 [API wish: create colouring scheme with full access to control RGB colors]

original post

Hi,

As adviced at RTC 2015 and noted at Revit API session  I am starting process for requesting new feature.#

What whole world of MEP is missing: Coloring Scheme and ability to control RGB colors.

Coloring Scheme - we can now place sheets, tags do all automted task but Coloring Scheme we need to place manually! please help us

RGB colors - automated color schemes select random and very often dark, Black ones which means that after printing we can not see anyting. Having full control over colors and scheme we could use Macro/ Dynamo to automate process and have full control over this subject. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/api-request-coloring-scheme-access-to-rgb-colors/td-p...

The Factory

So often we are left with powerful data within the Revit model that is not schedule-able nor available in view filters. The data is there, but we cannot use it, in what are supposed to be core BIM functions like schedules and filters. Why is it that we can access those parameters and parameters values through the API or Dynamo, but that Revit itself cannot? Makes no sense. Open the data floodgates please!

The Factory

Allow to Schedule Loss method, Loss Method Setting, and specific coefficient

by Advocate mdengusiak on ‎10-23-2016 09:53 AM - last edited on ‎11-22-2016 11:59 AM |

Please allow us to schedule:

1. Loss method Setting,

2. Loss Method,

3. specific coefficient,

4. pressure drop

for piping, ducting fittings and accessories so we can verify and control sizing. Also we can apply ourselves any standards in the world.

Safe way to delete levels

by Advocate Kevin.Bell on ‎09-20-2016 01:55 AM

If you delete a level in Revit, it deletes all objects on that level - no warning is given.

There should be a safe way of finding objects that are assigned to that level and reassigning them to a differnt level.

Perhaps Revit could automatically assign them to the level below?

Its a real problem if you create too many levels at the beginning of a project, you cant then delete some as you'll lose informaiton.

The Factory

Edit Schedule Directly on Sheet

by Contributor chris.cromer on ‎10-03-2016 10:39 AM

Would love the ability to "double-click" into a schedule on a sheet to edit it, just like any other view.

It would help with the following:

- Show a live view of graphical changes, such as borders, fonts, bold, etc.

- Help eliminate the back-and-forth we have to do to see what our changes look like between the schedule view and the sheet.

- Show the full text area when using "Shift+Enter" to add extra lines within rows (which we use a lot).

This feature should also include the ability to "select" (single-click) a schedule, and get the "Fields", "Filter", "Sorting/Grouping", etc. options while on the sheet view.

Thanks!

The Factory

Allow to draw duct and pipe placeholder in detail view

by Advocate mdengusiak on ‎10-23-2016 09:10 AM - last edited on ‎11-22-2016 12:00 PM |

If you allow us to draw Duct, Pipe placeholder in Detail view we could generate smart Schematic. 

Please, I am asking all MEP for support :)

Michal

More control over view placement on sheets

by Contributor purvigirwin on ‎05-12-2016 05:37 AM - last edited on ‎08-18-2016 01:16 PM |

Guide Grids are not the most easy to use and useful tool in Revit. It would be much better if view titles and views could snap to reference planes, or some other "non plot" element within a sheet border. I hate to say it, but AutoCAD does this better. Are you going to let AutoCAD be better than you, Revit?!

The Factory

There are many cases where we need the topo mesh to finally be completely solid and still give us plan-area calculation values, this would be a general solve to most topography problems we're having. We could add and subtract volumes from one another and create tunnels, sub-terrain volumes, easier and more realistic sidewalks and roads, rocky mountainous areas that have more than one point in a specific X-Y coordinate with a different Z value, create caves and more. Specially with the help of Dynamo, the possibilities would be endless and achieve high-end industry professionalism.

The Factory

Allow to control by workset what is exported to gbXML

by Advocate mdengusiak on ‎10-23-2016 09:38 AM - last edited on ‎11-22-2016 12:01 PM |

Currently all elements are exported to gbXML and would be good to have a way to selection what is actually exported. I think best would be workset or instance parameter in construction 

Michal

The Factory

Walls attach to Stairs

by Participant evertz on ‎10-24-2016 08:43 AM

Let Walls attach to Stairs. Please!!!

The Factory

Spot Elevation in floor plan

by Explorer yilsen.karaali on ‎10-04-2016 07:49 AM

In a multi-layer ceiling the height of the structure layer should be provided in the floor plan with a spot elevation as it is possible in a section view.

Idea_1.png

The Factory

Allow Shared Parameter in a Key Schedule

by Advocate michael_coffey on ‎04-06-2016 07:25 AM - last edited on ‎09-02-2016 10:18 AM |

Currently one cannot add a shared parameter to a key schedule.  We need ability to add them and control their values from the Key schedule.

The Factory

View References in text

by Mentor on ‎07-07-2016 06:56 AM - last edited on ‎07-07-2016 06:58 AM |

It is quite common to have general notes or even a text object with a leader that says something like "FOR WIDGET TYPE A, SEE DTL 1, SHT A-101".  But to do this I currently have to either place my text and leave whitespace where I'll come back later and place a separate view reference OR type in the view reference by hand which will require that I manually update it if the view and/or change gets renumbered.

Please allow me to insert a view reference into my text objects.

I'm envisioning something similar to FIELDS in AutoCAD.

The Factory

Show Levels and Grids In 3D views

by Advisor gh_ar on ‎08-12-2016 12:47 PM - last edited on ‎10-24-2016 01:53 PM |

Hi

show Level and Grid In 3d view or Setting up in VG.

3D level and Grid.jpg

The Factory

Complex line types

by Advocate yavork on ‎05-17-2016 07:00 AM - last edited on ‎09-02-2016 09:41 AM |

In Revit the  lines types you can have is really pathetic compared to AutoCADs - dashes, dots and continious lines. (And the ofcourse the Insulation that has its own button to make, and the revision cloud if that counts...). Would be very helpful to be able to make various line types with shapes in 2d - like tracks, talus and I thing that was already suggested - with text in it. Out from deperation (again) we are using detail line family with text in it to display  ELEC, HYDRO, Xs (for fence), etc... but comes a curve and there the solution stops. We are also forced to do untinkable things to a surveyors drawings in order to preserve their line types in Revit.

The Factory

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube