Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Hello,

I am trying to fix the issue of The default software code written to convert "Fixture Units (FU)" to "Flow (GPM)" via Hunter’s Curve does not account for fixture units below 5FU for "Predominantly Flush Valve Supply Systems." It currently assumes 15.0 GPM for anything  ≤5FU for “Predominantly Flush Valve Supply Systems”

Please develop the .dll file and .addin file so the Flush Valve System has the correct GPM for under 5FU so it does not assume 15.0 GPM.

To see more, please see these two posts.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/pipe-annalysis-revit-pipe-sizing-flow-gpm/m-p/6951000...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/usermep-calculation-addin/td-p/4968174

It would be better for modeling contours if you could draw it by spline, isolines that enclose a region, and elevation points simultaneously.

Point are great but there is a lot of situations were the triangles that are generated by points don't behave the way you want without adding a bunch of points more.

Plan Regions Template

by Community Visitor hathBXZGE on ‎03-15-2017 10:15 AM

It would be a very usefull tool, to be able to add a "Local View Template" to a Plan Region. Very often you need that.

I know its possible to hide things, but when working with large project, where you split up same level over several sheets,  its a pain in.... to use hide, because you constant have to check all your view when adding a thing in your model, and hide things that belong in same level but on an other sheet.

-Hanne 

Sloping reveal

by Observer carolaaquino on ‎03-14-2017 08:34 AM

I would like the insertion of the inclined reveal on the wall, not just vertically or horizontally, as in the image below.

2011-12-02 10.21.35.jpg 

Copy/Monitor Options

by Explorer alexandra.lazar on ‎02-24-2017 06:27 AM

It would be extremely helpful to have the possibility to give the types of Levels/Grids/Colums/Walls/Floors the copy option "Copy original Type" at once. For example you could integrate this option with the "Additional Copy Parameters" (see pic).

copy_monitor_options.png

Dependent view - 100% dependent and not just 95%

by Advocate schlueter on ‎03-08-2017 08:05 AM - last edited on ‎03-08-2017 09:03 AM |

Hi,

depending view should show to 100% what the primary view looks like. The depending views are a nice way to manage split floorplans. This is also an example in the autodeks knowlege network.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revi...

But i don't understand why there are things that i can change in the depending view and the changes are not ported to the primary view. I mean, if there is a failur in the drawing i need to correct it in every view and not just in one view.

Herer is my screencast:

http://autode.sk/2n5yO3D

I mean why is there a difference between override graphics in view by category and by elements? This makes no sense.

schleuter

HERE IS A LINK to an article and screencast which I created relating to this issue... 

The problem with aligned dimensions is that you struggle to reference to a proper or desired Reference Point when instances are not parallel to each other.

Another problem is that you do not have the option under general modeling to use/draw a "POINT" (Similar to the point reference option in AutoCAD).

There is only one place in Revit where a Point Reference is available which is under conceptual mass modeling or mass families. (See image below): 

1-point-1.png

Furthermore, using mass point references is "messy" when used, so this is not an option or viable workaround at this stage. 

It should really not be difficult for the development team to implement the "Point" or "Point Reference" under the general Revit Draw Toolbox. It will resolve a couple of issues for software users and it will simplify certain workflows. This will be useful in all disciplines as I've longed for a Point in Revit on many occasions for various reasons. 

HERE IS JUST ANOTHER example of why the Point or Point Reference would be useful in the general Draw Toolbox of Revit. 

Slab Edge on a Sloping Slab

by Participant irisolvohrc on ‎03-15-2017 10:59 AM

Right now you can only apply a slab edge if it is slab is flat but not sloped.  it would be really nice to have that work.  I know there are workarounds, but this would be the simplest.

Thank you

One click duct inversion

by Explorer emarcel8762 on ‎03-17-2017 01:35 PM

Hello,

It would be great to invert width and height of a duct with just one click.

Does Autodesk plane to make this improvement ?

change hosting of a family

by Advocate yavork on ‎03-02-2017 01:37 PM

Please allow changing the hosting parameter of a Family - for example we have Floor based families and it is not easy to change the hosting to Face based or something else...

2017-03-02_16-29-30.jpg

Selection Toggle for Design Options

by Collaborator damo3 on ‎03-14-2017 03:32 AM
Remove the 'Exclude Options' tick box and create a selection toggle for Design Options.
design option selection toggle.jpg
Give us the control to be able to select design option elements all the time. The "Exclude options" tick box is functionally flawed as it resets when you hit escape. It is not an intuitive tool. 
Replace it with a toggle for Design Options for consistent behaviour of element selection. 

A few releases ago, Autodesk gave us a series of selection toggles for Links, Underlays, Pinned Elements, Select Elements by Face and Dragging Elements. The ground work has already been created, let's add to this set of toggles for more consistent and predictable behaviour. 

(The 'Pick to Edit' tool could still override as it currently does)

Thanks for Voting. 

When tagging a Part, the original object properties should be available for a tag label. Example: A structural column has a “Column Location Mark”. This property is not visible in the properties of the Part made from that object. Parts do report some original properties, like Material as read-only. All original object properties need to be available.

• Show all Original object properties as read-only
  • Allow all these properties as well as the Part properties to be used in tags. The user may want the Column Location Mark from the original object, but the volume from the Part

Parts allow hosting of structural reinforcement (see Revit Help ). If Parts are used as appears to be intended for construction detailing, all properties from the original object should be available.

Dimensions on linked DWG file gets lost after updating the dwg file

by Advocate schlueter on ‎03-16-2017 01:27 AM - last edited on ‎03-16-2017 01:28 AM |

Hi,

we did a supportrequest last year about dimensions on linked dwg file get lost if we reload the changed dwg file in the project. Still there is no way of preventing this behavior.

So lets do another idea-post.

We do alot of project development and we build alot in existing buildings (sorry don't know the correct english term). So there are always dwg files of the building and its not economically to redraw the building in revit. So we work with linked dwgs in our project (sometimes with a container .rtv for dwg files).

But if you make changes in the dwg file and reload it into revit all the dimensions on the dwg file get lost.

I made a screencast of it:

http://autode.sk/1WKxeSN

So it does not matter what you change in the dwg its always losing every dimension on it.

Would be nice if the dimension would still exist after updating the dwg file. At least give us the chance to see what dimension gets deleted or what dimension need a new reference. At the moment you can just hit delete and like we say in german look for the needle in the haystack.

Found this fourm post. Its the same behavior but in other disciplins and with civil 3d.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-loses-dimensions-annotations-when-link...

But to be honest.... the marked solution can't be the solution. We want to make money with our projects and not lose it in time wasting work we need to do because revit can't handle dwg files.

schlueter

Currently, a Stacked Wall can have only one layer of variable height. Would be nice if all layers could have a variable height assigned?

I have large air spaces in my walls for ductwork and plumbing, the material itself is fully transparent in both Appearance and Graphics. It is also marked as an airspace in the wall definition. Despite this, the walls only show the plumbing that traverses through the view, nothing in "elevation". It's like the wall is filled with white "Goop" instead of being empty.

Walls.jpg

It would be nice for airspaces to just show what is inside the wall cavities, especially if it is marked as a wall airspace and totally transparent. This would help with coordination.

"Building Story" parameter of Level to define "Level Above" in View Range

by Explorer djohansing on ‎03-08-2017 06:23 AM - last edited on ‎03-08-2017 06:35 AM |

It would make sense that this parameter should affect more than just the IFC export.

We need a way to control which levels are actually the bottom of a building story in more contexts than the IFC export. Currently "Level Above" in a view range will look at the next level above even if that level object is used for another purpose.

DWG-Imports controller

by Contributor rana.hamed on ‎03-14-2017 06:01 AM

we need to have control on DWG import files in the RVT model,

* List the imported DWG files

* Knowing the view name at which the DWG file located.

* To be able to select the DWG file through the list

* Export a DWG-Schedule from RVT model listing the previous data of the DWG imported files.

Hi,

last days i had to do a door-schedule and we created 62 parameters with text, yes/no and numbers.

I know i'm stuck in the kategories for the "group parameter under" but please sort the parameters alphabetical or let us do some kind of own organization like we can do it in the projekt browser.

If you first creat the parameters you can do this in the way you like the organization but if you missed one or you need to add one later on..... your stuck at the buttom.

2017-03-07_15h29_00.jpg

Best would be our own organization. So we could do the same as it is in the door-schedule.

2017-03-07_15h30_18.jpg

Tanks.

Hi Autodesk, Can we have the Errors and Warnings pallet remain open when fixing errors rather than close for each fixed error.

Currently, when I select a series of elements to be deleted, the pallet closes and needs to be reopened to continue, I would like the pallet to remain open until I decided to close it.

Thanks for listening.

as the title says, please add support for the delete key. At the moment if you want to delete something (for example a filter, view template etc etc) the only way to delete is to press the delete button using mouse. Pressing delete button does not work. 

As well it would be very useful if one was able to select multiple items (using cross windows, selecting consecutive items by holding shift key or non-consecutive items by selecting first and last while holding ctrl key)

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube